JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nevo C2 device upgrade
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
radunn

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 8:27 pm    Post subject: Nevo C2 device upgrade Reply with quote

I'm learning/learned a new device for NevoC2; downloaded to RMIR, created the RMDU file with the OBC/Hex codes.

What do I do with the *.rmdu? Previously, when I used IR, I used the output button in RM to copy/paste back to IR (add device); haven't gotten RMIR to work this way. Any leads?
MrMoody

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In RMIR, go to the Devices tab, click the New button at the bottom, and click Open to load your RMDU.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So I assume you saved the RMDU? Then in RMIR, go to the devices tab, click New, then Open your file, OK. Now the device you made is in your Nevo.

If you had simply clicked "create device upgrade" on the learned tab, all of that would have been done automatically in one shot. This is the procedure:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version#Starting_a_New_Upgrade_and_the_Setup_Tab
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
So I assume you saved the RMDU? Then in RMIR, go to the devices tab, click New, then Open your file, OK. Now the device you made is in your Nevo.

If you had simply clicked "create device upgrade" on the learned tab, all of that would have been done automatically in one shot. This is the procedure:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=JP1_-_Just_How_Easy_Is_It%3F_-_RM-IR_Version#Starting_a_New_Upgrade_and_the_Setup_Tab

Thank you.
Another dilemma is that I programmed my LG UHDTV via EZ-RC (now defunct). As a result NevoC2 has several softkeys listed that are not on the TV. Can/how do I program new"inputs" into the NevoC2 or replace the current softkeys? Is Live TV programmable; it's an option when Input is pressed on the LG remote. Again, thanks!
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Edit the device and do whatever you want with the keys. OBC for Live TV is 214 if you want to add it.

Not sure what you mean about several keys that are not on the TV. You mean those functions don't work?

In any case, this should have all inputs you need:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=12953
radunn

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:

Not sure what you mean about several keys that are not on the TV. You mean those functions don't work?

Soft keys on the NevoC2 currently such as Component2, AV2, Video are not on the OEM RC input button must be for another device/upgrade and are useless.
Remaining soft keys [Signal, I have no idea of its function as nothing happens when pressed]. Power on, Power off, ARC I figured out.

Thanks much for the OBC code/file link.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 10, 2018 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel free to delete ones that don't work. But Power on and off should work fine and are very useful in macros/activities. ARC should toggle the HDMI Audio Return Channel if your receiver or soundbar supports it. Try Signal and see what it does.
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Having problems with Onkyo HTR8230 receiver/NevoC2 upgrade soft keys. There's incompatibility between RMDU/NevoC2 softkeys. The files will display the discrepancy. When populating soft keys, softkey5 auto-populated with the assigned key. The end result is softkeys mismatch.

Also, the following keys hold functions that were not assigned: 6/video1, 8/video2, 9/video3. It appears I cannot assign buttons for DSP, Video1, DVD.

I used the Onkyo upgrade files from files section (onkyo 330/530) to build the upgrade. In advance thanks.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25061

P.S. I reckon I should thoroughly test before posting; discovered I could learn keys DVD, Video1, DSP on the DVD/CD function keys. Lastly, what are the red, green, yellow and blue buttons for on the NevoC@
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The devices in your RMIR and RMDU files are entirely independent. To overwrite any of the devices in your RMIR file (make them match), on the devices tab, select your device, Edit, Open the RMIR file that’s correct and click OK. But from now on, you should simply edit the devices in your RMIR and forget about the RMDU files unless you just want to have backups.

Many devices have colored buttons. If none of yours do, ignore or repurpose them. On my TiVo, the green button skips commercials, for example.

You should ultimately put the OBCs from your learns in your onkyo device.
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
The devices in your RMIR and RMDU files are entirely independent. To overwrite any of the devices in your RMIR file (make them match), on the devices tab, select your device, Edit, Open the RMIR file that’s correct and click OK. But from now on, you should simply edit the devices in your RMIR and forget about the RMDU files unless you just want to have backups.

Many devices have colored buttons. If none of yours do, ignore or repurpose them. On my TiVo, the green button skips commercials, for example.

You should ultimately put the OBCs from your learns in your onkyo device.

Thank you for the advice. In RMIR I highlight the device in question, click Edit (opens RMDU file), make changes etc, click Ok, upload to RC.

Still don't understand the listed discrepancies (jpg vs RMDU layout tab). Can the colored keys be learned to?

Lastly, can learned signals be deleted from Learned Signals tab after entered in Functions tab at RMDU?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The mismatch is a quirk in how Xsight populates a screen that isn't full. No matter what you choose in RM, the buttons fill in from bottom to top. So even though you filled in Soft1-5, the empty Soft6 resulted in an empty space at the very top rather than the very bottom where Soft6 actually is. The software design decision to ignore this shuffle rather than build elaborate code to deal with it was made very early on. Nothing you can really do about it, just something to be aware of. It should still send the selected function when the button is pressed.

You can learn to any key and assign any function or macro to any key except the left/right page keys below the screen and the home/favorites/activities/devices keys just below the page keys.
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:

You can learn to any key and assign any function or macro to any key except the left/right page keys below the screen and the home/favorites/activities/devices keys just below the page keys.

Thank you. I learned 3 more keys that I'll download into RMIR/Learned Signals. From there after I enter the OBCs at Functions tab/RMDU can I delete the entries from Learned Signals tab in RMIR or should they remain?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Delete them. Otherwise they will always trump the OBCs.
radunn

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Delete them. Otherwise they will always trump the OBCs.

Trying to condense what is becoming boring..sorry. I deleted the learned signals from RMIR/Learned Signals, uploaded to NevoC2. The learned signals did not respond. Consequentially, I uploaded the original learned signals (not deleted) and it worked although the assigned keys don't match the imput. I can't discern the differences between the 2 files.

Might a factory reset help then reupload?

2 RMIR files, *3a.rmir (deleted learned signals tab); *4.rmir (undeleted learned signals tab) In advance thanks!

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25064
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2018 9:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quite a few issues with your Onkyo device. I attempted to fix what I could.

You entered your new codes down one row from the actual function. So DSP got overwritten with the VID 1 code.

You had two function 10's. I renamed one to 0.

Since your learns have two different subdevices, 108 and 109, you have to use NEC1 Combo protocol.

You appear to have entered some OBCs in the EFC column for some functions.

Some functions probably are supposed to use subdevice 108 instead of 109. If you have trouble with any, learn them again to find the correct subdevice.

I kept your learns in the version below and moved them to Soft1 and 2. I put the new OBCs and subdevices for VID 1 and CD on the num keys where you tried to put them.

You may also want to assign your vol keys to the onkyo in your activity or at least set up vol lock on the general tab.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25066
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: