JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ARRX15G no device found - NEWBIE!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tibbytib

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:09 am    Post subject: ARRX15G no device found - NEWBIE! Reply with quote

Hello!

I'm Tom! I'm new here! Not super tech savy, but enough to find you guys! Please be gentle!! LOL!

To my dismay, found out that the ez-rc software if gone! Shows how much I update my equipment. Long story short, Im here, downloaded and using v2.06build2 on Windows 7 SP1. Everything installed correctly. That was a breeze. Plugged in my remote. Remote confirms USB plugged in. Not exactly sure how to confirm the computer is actually seeing the device. Tried several USB ports on my PC to no avail.

I get RMIR started and try to download my remote, and it says "No remotes found"

Any help or guidance would be much appreciated!

Thanks in advance for all the developers work and the community for putting something like this together! I hate to see companies "End of Life" their products when they are so useful and able to keep working for the consumers who spent hard earned money on their products.

EDIT: ok, computer is showing the usb port is detecting the remote. Under Device Manager, it is listed under "Human Interface Devices" as a USB Input Device. Hope that helps in some way!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jan 28, 2018 5:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing that can cause this behaviour is if you have installed RMIR in a read-only folder, such as a sub-folder of C:\Program Files. Look in the Windows-amd64 (if using 64-bit Java) or Windows-x86 (if using 32-bit Java) subfolder of your RMIR installation folder to see if there is a file called hidapi.dll. If you have a read-only folder then this file will not be there. It is needed to read the XSight-style remotes such as yours.

If that file is there and you still have problems, post again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: