JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Programming a Bose Solo 5 RCU (URC-15U)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Soity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 6:50 am    Post subject: Programming a Bose Solo 5 RCU (URC-15U) Reply with quote

Hello,

I have a Bose Solo 5 with its universal remote, which work pretty well for me, except for a thing: can't access the Apps Menu or Netflix from my Panasonic TV Sad

I opened the remote control and saw something like a JTAG and interface.. after some searchs I read about this "JP1.x" pins and here I am... Smile

I would like to reprogram a button of the TV device menu of the RCU, like a color button, and map it to Netflix and Apps. I found some codes on this forum which seems to be the "EFC" codes for Panasonic Netflix & Apps key.

But I don't know if my remote control can be managed ? Is it a newer version of the "JP1" interface ? I read about JP2, JP3 ?
I bought a cable on eBay... => "JP1.2 1.3 USB Cable to customize your One For All / Radio Shack Universal Remote" but lucky I am, the cable wasn't recognized, after opened the USB connector I saw that there a was a big scratch on the PCB... I repaired it and now it's recognized as Prolific USB interface...

But... ir.exe can't download my remote...
If i set the interface in "JP1.x Serial or USB Serial" the error is "jp12 read failed 0"

If i set the interface in "JP1 Serial" and set the right COM port, the error is "The interface does not appear to have power. This can occur if the remote has no batteries....."

So, I'm stuck, I don't find anything about the reference of this remote (URC-15U), don't know if it's possible to do something...

Thanks a lot for your help and informations Smile
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Odds are this is a URC remote, not UEI, hence won’t work with our cables or software. A link to the programming codes and procedures would help us find out for sure.

I recommend you get a remote we know is JP1 and use it to teach your Bose. There’s a Remote Chart of all known JP1 remotes in the wiki linked at the top of the page.
Soity

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank for your answer, here is the link to the programming codes.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Feb 10, 2018 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those actually do look kind of like UEI codes. There may be hope after all. Try a raw download using Remote Master, not IR.exe.
Soity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 4:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No luck... Downloading, but got "No remotes found" and "Download aborted" message Sad

Not sure the cable is good (as I said, it was defect when I received it, no response from the ebay vendor) and 90% sure about the wiring :/

Here is pictures of the remote.
The pinout picture, I wired like that:

Thank for your help
Soity

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2018 5:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, first step done Smile
I was wrong with TX & RX, I reversed them and now I was able to download the raw data.

Here is a link to the file
The signature is "3572"

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25090

Thank for your help

(MOD EDIT: replaced file link)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: