JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Spectrum 201-T cable DVR codes
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
sti491

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:02 am    Post subject: Spectrum 201-T cable DVR codes Reply with quote

Happy New Years Eve! Have not been on this site much since 2015 after jumping into JP1 with both feet with the help of Mdavej, Vickie and others back then.

After I got my JP1 remotes working at our condo 2 years ago, all has been good. However we recently moved to a new house. Same Visio TV, same Polk Soundbar, switched from a Charter DVR/box to Spectrum. I did recently post about a soundbar problem at the new house, which ya'll helped me with. Thank you!

I am finally getting around to fine tuning my extended JP1 RCA remote for the new house.... and I am stuck on a problem.

The ONLY thing different from my condo set-up, is a change from Charter DVR-cable box (I am still using Motorola DCH641 DVR device upgrade, Setup Code 2010 in Remote Master, from my original condo programing). Now I have Spectrum/Time Warner service. The DVR/cable box they supplied me is labelled "Spectrum 201-T". I can not find a device upgrade for that box in the file section here. Is it under a different manufacturer name that Spectrum private label's? Should my old Motorola upgrade work on this Spectrum box? Currently, it is working for most things, but not everything.

Using my old Motorola DCH641 DVR device upgrade, Setup Code 2010, everything works except the following: Page up & down, Day up & down, On Demand, and assigning an RCA remote button to the "settings' function doesn't work. I tried assigning the buttons editing the Cbl device in RemoteMaster. I also tried adding key moves, using functions as well as keys. Does not work. I do have Page up & Down assigned under another device, but not Cbl. I have nothing assigned to the other non-working buttons, on any other key moves or anywhere else that I am aware of.

Is there a specific Device upgrade I should be using for my new Spectrum branded model 201-T dvr/cable box, that would solve this?... or how else can I get these functions to work on my extended RCA remote.

Thanks in advance for your help!
sti491

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I had a typo in my original post I corrected. My new Spectrum cable/DVR box is a Spectrum branded model 201-T (not 207T).
sti491

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

from searching I determined that for the Spectrum 201-T, the T designates "Technicolor as the manufacturer, formerly Cisco".... Maybe I should try some Cisco box upgrades that are in the file section?
MrMoody

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are a few Technicolor upgrades here, you could try those, especially the DCI/DC1 models which are cable DVRs.

Personally, I would just learn the missing codes from the original remote and see what they are, but I have several spare remotes. If the RCA is your only learning capable one, you'd have to un-extend it to learn with it.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been curious about these new Technicolor codes. You're the first JP1 user to get one of these boxes as far as we know.

There's a good chance that Ch+/- also does Page+/- and that Skip Fwd/Back or FFwd/Rew does Day+/- already.

But, the only way to get all the codes for sure is to learn them (after you temporarily 'deactivate' the extender), like MrMoody said. Then post your RMIR file and we can build a complete upgrade.

I'd also like to know the setup code from the original remote if you can do a code blinkback: http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Manual_Programming_-_9xx_Commands#.28990.29_Code_Blink_Back_-_Find_current_device_code. It's possible we can get an official UEI upgrade from the Simpleset site if we know the setup code.
sti491

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for responding! Not sure what I am doing wrong, but I can’t find a Techicolor upgrade here? Under cable in files? Somewhere else? Search didn’t work

Also, please help me out, I don’t know what a DCI/DC1 is?
sti491

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Dave! I am having a couple beers watching the game now so it maybe until tomorrow before I try your suggestions.

Good 👂ing from you. Thank you!
MrMoody

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some are in Digital STBs and other places. Just click File Search at the top and enter Technicolor (careful of the spelling) in the top box, you will get 13 results. You want the RM files, not the Slingbox ones.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your Moto code 2010 is an arbitrary number made up by the person who created that upgrade. The corresponding UEI code would be something like 1376 which is GI Cable protocol.

None of our Technicolor or Cisco upgrades I spot checked match that protocol. So forget about trying any other existing upgrades and just learn all the missing commands and post your files for us to make a complete one, after the game of course.

Happy new year.
sti491

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll work on it tomorrow and let you know. Have a safe New Years Eve!
sti491

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a little time to work on the remote learning, but was not entirely successful. I disabled the extender by long setup button press for 4 blinks. Did the learning. Those learned buttons on the RCA work on the cable box with the extender disabled. But when I enable the extender they do not work. Some actually do very strange things.

So next I used remote master, editing devices, and removed all the functions associated with those buttons, in case that caused some conflict. I also looked at macros and special functions to see if there might be any assigned conflicts with those buttons but did not see any.

So my learned buttons, learned with the extender disabled, work with the extender disabled, but no longer work when I enable the extender.

Ideas?
sti491

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I've been curious about these new Technicolor codes. You're the first JP1 user to get one of these boxes as far as we know.

There's a good chance that Ch+/- also does Page+/- and that Skip Fwd/Back or FFwd/Rew does Day+/- already.

But, the only way to get all the codes for sure is to learn them (after you temporarily 'deactivate' the extender), like MrMoody said. Then post your RMIR file and we can build a complete upgrade.

I'd also like to know the setup code from the original remote if you can do a code blinkback: http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Manual_Programming_-_9xx_Commands#.28990.29_Code_Blink_Back_-_Find_current_device_code. It's possible we can get an official UEI upgrade from the Simpleset site if we know the setup code.

I tried to do the blinkback process Dave. The Spectrum remote does not have a "setup" button. Is there a way to do it without a setup button?

The remote is a Clickr-5, URSU-8780L-TWC
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 8:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a URC, not UEI. Blink-back won't work. Wasn't terribly important anyway.
sti491

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok on the blink back.

Any thoughts on why my RCA learned buttons will not work when I enable the extender (previous post)?

I have another RCA remote that is not extended. Should I learn the codes on it, then download that remote in RM, then copy those key functions to my extended RCA file... or something like that?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Dec 31, 2017 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All extenders disable learning on purpose. If it's too complicated to disable, learn, enable, then your second RCA will do fine. No need to copy anything to the other. We just need the learns (your second RCA's RMIR file) and for you to confirm which functions from your Moto upgrade work correctly. If you posted the RMDU file of the Moto, that would be useful too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: