JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-7955 - no remotes found

View previous topic :: View next topic  
bitnapper42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe you guys can help me out here. I own the URC 7955 and i ordered the recommended PL2303TA USB Cable from chip_partner on ebay but i can't download from the remote.

I tried the 2.10 and 2.12 drivers on Windows, also tried Linux with the same result when hitting the download button -> "no remotes found". I tried RMIR 2.06 build 9 and 11, as well as 2.07 b1. Drivers are installed correctly and the COM ports are present.

The result is always the same. When pushing the download button, the green LED on the USB cable blinks a couple of times. The remote seems to go in a blocked state because no key press does anything anymore. After that RMIR tells me, that no remote was found. A few seconds later the red LED blinks one time and the remote is back to working.

The red LED also blinks every time i push a button on the remote.

Am i missing something? I am pretty sure i wired it correctly. When looking from bottom to top on the remote: White, green, yellow on the right where white is closest to the batteries, followed by green and then by yellow. Black in the middle on the left.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That does appear to be the correct wiring. I have no immediate ideas as to what might be wrong. Could you post the rmaster.err file from a download attempt with RMIR v2.07 build 1 for us to look at? That might give us clues. You will find this file in your RMIR installation folder. Please post it in the Diagnosis Area of our File Section and then post a link to that file in this thread. I have today been using my URC7955 with v2.07 build 1 so I know it should work.
bitnapper42

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's the link to the log
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25452

First download was with interface set to Auto-detect, second download with interface set to JP1.X with port = COM6. I also checked that "serial enumerator" is enabled in the COM port settings. It was enabled by default.
bitnapper42

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have also uploaded a picture of the USB dongle without the housing. 5V and RXD were not connected but this could have happened while removing the housing. The cable is not really flexible... I fixed this but it didn't change anything.

I also checked with a multimeter if the 4 cables are connected to the FTDI chip and this seems to be the case. On the picture i marked the colors on the FTDI chip where the wiring is going to. I don't have a datasheet of the chip but i expect it to be correct.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25453
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 7:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see nothing in the log file to suggest what is wrong, but on re-reading your earlier message, I realise that you have given conflicting info on how you have the wires. You write
Quote:
When looking from bottom to top on the remote: White, green, yellow on the right

I read this as saying that the order white, green, yellow is the order from the bottom to top of the remote. This is correct and it puts the white wire furthest from the batteries. But you continue with
Quote:
where white is closest to the batteries

which is different.

I hadn't noticed the conflict when I said your wiring was correct. I'm sorry, but I just read the order as being from bottom to top. So if you really have white closest to the batteries, you need to swap the white and yellow wires.

I have double-checked this today with a Chip Partner cable and URC7955 to make quite sure, and it worked.
bitnapper42

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sorry. I mixed up my statement. "Closest to the battery" was the correct one i was referring to but I tried both combinations before my first post.

I have uploaded another picture just to be sure.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25454

The red 1 is the "closest to the batterie" i was referring to, red 2 is how it should be, right? That would mean the white 1 on the PCB means something else and the white dot means pin 1.

Anyway, i get the same error with both of them.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Picture 2 is correct, with the white wire furthest from the batteries. Yes, the white dot means pin 1. The numbers on that side are 135 and opposite those are 246.

If that doesn't work, I have nothing further to suggest. I am not an expert on cables and communication issues, so I hope someone who is can make a suggestion. The only possibilities that occur to me are that either the cable was faulty or that something might have got damaged by trying with the white and yellow wires interchanged. However, it seems rare for incorrect connections to cause hardware damage.
bitnapper42

PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2018 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Might be true that something got damaged during testing. When connecting only GND and RXD i do get some output on a serial console when pressing buttons on the remote. Adding the RTS wire and the remote does not react anymore so it seems that TXD from the serial adapter to the remote does not work.

Since i don't know if the issue is with the remote or with the cable i'll leave it as it is for now. I might try the new bluetooth implementation someday.

Thank you mathdon for helping out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: