JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RM/RMIR v2.06 available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2018 5:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good to hear from you again. Liz, but it is not a misspelling. I had a lot of trouble originally registering for Sourceforge. It said the name mathdon was already taken. I presumed that was me and that somehow it was seeing my JP1 login, but it would not accept that login either. So I chose the nearest alternative name that it would accept. BTW Maths, of course, is the UK form and I am in the UK but the US version, math, seemed to make a more pronounceable username. "Don" is nothing to do with the Mafia, it's a UK colloquial term for an Oxford or Cambridge academic.
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Graham
All that logging in stuff can be a pain!

I have asked about this before and appreciate that you are busy with more important things but have tried anything I could think of, so in due course any help with this would be much appreciated, or indeed if anyone could advise about this in the meanwhile....

On a newish laptop with Windows 10 using display 3840 x 2160 at 300%, and just on this laptop, the text in RMIR's details boxes is cramped vertically and unreadable, and changing the laptop display settings did not help.

I have posted a zip with a few details in the diagnosis area:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25147

- it contains a screenshot from an RMIR example file, also text for details of freshly installed RMIR and Java versions, but the problem was present before such updating.

The .rmir file had been made on another laptop with native 1920x1080 screen display, Win 10, and a previous version of RMIR, where it still shows no distortion of the text within RMIR's pages.

With other programs, and text files generally using this laptop, there have been no similar problems. However perhaps I have missed something to do with my laptop, or with its text reading programs themselves rather than with RMIR, but any help would really be appreciated.

Chris
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have that problem because I don't have high DPI screen.
But overtime, I've seen these:
https://www.ghacks.net/2016/07/17/fixing-tiny-text-in-windows/
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3025083/windows-scaling-issues-for-high-dpi-devices
Perhaps some solution is there, especially in the ghacks link.
tranx

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2018 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElizabethD wrote:
I don't have that problem because I don't have high DPI screen.
But overtime, I've seen these:
https://www.ghacks.net/2016/07/17/fixing-tiny-text-in-windows/
https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3025083/windows-scaling-issues-for-high-dpi-devices
Perhaps some solution is there, especially in the ghacks link.

Thanks Liz, trying to arrange a trip to Oz and get the supper but will have a look at that when I can.

It's a mystery why I feel i'm busier now when I have so little to do, than when I was really doing things...!

PS
Unfortunately I don't believe these links quite cover it. The first one refers to the setting "Change the size of Text, Apps, and other items" which is global and has already been adjusted (as usual) so things can be read. The second one is more obscure but seems to me to refer to transfer of text between monitors, which seems n/a (?)

I shall be going on the new non-stop London<>Perth Dreamliner 787 flight with “Passengers will be able to take part in a calming stretching and breathing class at the lounge's Wellbeing Studio run by West Australian spa group Bodhi J, running every 15 minutes before and after London flights, conducted by a yoga teacher.” - ooer!
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 4:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi tranx, enjoy your trip! It sounds as if you are in something better than economy class so it should be really good Very Happy .

As for the hi-res screen problem, this has been discussed before. My recollection is that it has been found to be a Java issue, Java not properly handling the Windows mechanisms for rendering low-res fonts on a hi-res screen. This is not something that RMIR can overcome. It may be worth trying different look-and-feels but otherwise there is nothing I can suggest or do, sorry, other than wait till Java sorts it out.
tranx

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, will do, and thanks for letting me know.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2018 9:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have split the posts about the URC-7955 (604803) with the non-standard EepromSize here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=101207
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 24, 2018 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now uploaded development build 8 of RMIR v2.06 to the RMIR Development folder. This development build contains a RemoteMaster.jar file to replace that in the build 5, which is the latest public release. No other files need updating at this time.

Build 8 fixes a number of minor bugs in build 5 and one more significant bug concerning multiple device upgrades when they have the same protocol and that protocol uses a drop-down box to set one of the device parameters. Thanks to Marcin (yaworski) it also includes updates to fix the compatibility issues between RMIR and Java 9 and 10. Marcin and I would be grateful for any comments on whether these fixes are successful.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 20, 2018 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now uploaded development build 9 of RMIR v2.06 to the RMIR Development folder. This development build contains many files, including a new version of jp12serial, an update to protocols.ini to include the Ortek (Official) protocol, revision 11 of the RDF Specification Addendum, an update to digitmaps.bin and RDF, map and image files for the URC-7955. To upgrade to build 9, unzip the package into a folder containing build 5 (the latest general release) or any later development build, overwriting any files of the same name.

The update to jp12serial v0.23 is needed to support remotes where the data (EEPROM) area is not a whole number of flash erase pages. The URC-7955 is the first that we have seen with this property. There are consequential amendments to RemoteMaster.jar to support this, but there is also another major addition to the jar file. This build supports real-time macros, another feature first seen in the URC-7955.

A real-time macro records not only the buttons pressed, but the duration for which they are pressed and the length of the gaps between button presses. There is only one button, NetTV, on the URC-7955 that can record a real-time macro but this restriction is not built explicitly into RMIR. Instead, RMIR can display and edit real-time macros but you cannot create one afresh or change the button to which it is assigned. Just use the Macro tab and the Edit button as usual on a real-time macro and the editing box will display it appropriately. If you use New to create a new macro and assign it to the NetTV button, it will create a standard macro, which will work, rather than a real-time one. I have experimented with moving a real-time macro to a different button, which crashed, and with putting a normal macro on the NetTV button, which worked, so this behaviour in RMIR represents the behaviour of the remote. It is also worth mentioning that experiment shows that the URC-7955 supports shifted buttons (press Magic then the button concerned), though this is nowhere mentioned in the manual provided with the remote.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR v2.07 build 1 is now available. This supports a number of new remotes, has a revised version of protocols.ini that corrects a number of longstanding errors, and adds a new Bluetooth interface for remotes such as the URC7980 and URC7955 that support Bluetooth.

Please see the RMIR v2.07 announcement thread for full details and the download link.
tranx

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mathdon, yet again many thanks!

We are still using URC6440 and OARUSB04G for their excellent JP1 Extenders but, if they run out, might have to resort to newer remotes and would be able to carry on with JP1. Great news for people who are more up to date too.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: