JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RM/RMIR v2.06 available
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gcmartin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:11 pm    Post subject: JP1 adapter Reply with quote

Thanks for that information. I have sent DIYGADGET an enquiry as I live in the UK and I don't want to pay the expensive shipping that I am offered in the online checkout. This is despite the bottom of the product page stating "flat rate shipping is USD 5.99 to other destinations" as that shipping cost would be OK for me to proceed.

As a matter of interest though I did read somewhere that the adapter needs 6V remotes and doesn't function with 3V remotes - which is what my JP1.0 remotes are. Can you confirm this?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is incorrect. 6V JP1 remotes do not exist.
gcmartin

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for clarifying that. It does make sense as the previous post refers to a URC-6131 which is 3V. I will wait to hear back from the company about their shipping costs.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
That is incorrect. 6V JP1 remotes do not exist.

Wouldn't a remote that uses 4 AAA batteries (at 1.5v each) be a 6v remote?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah. But what JP1 eeprom remotes take 4?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Yeah. But what JP1 eeprom remotes take 4?

Er, most of them, like the URC-8811, URC-8910, 15-1994, 15-2116, etc, etc

It's only the smaller remotes, like the URC-6131, that take 2 AA batteries that would be only 3v.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 04, 2018 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's been years, so I guess I remembered wrong. I stand corrected.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 7:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now uploaded development build 3 of RMIR v2.06 to the RMIR Development folder. This development build contains RemoteMaster.jar and protocols.ini files to replace those in build 2. It also includes some new or corrected RDF files.

This build fixes a few minor bugs in build 2 but it also adds one major new feature. In RMPB and also in the Protocol Editor of RMIR and RM there is now an analyzer for JP2 executors. These are the executors used by protocols in remotes with MAXQ processors or the TI2541 processor. When one of these processors is selected in RMPB or the Protocol Editor, the Assembler and Disassembler tabs used by other processors are replaced by Analyzer and PF Description tabs. The Analyzer tab gives a detailed analysis of the selected executor. The PF Description tab shows documentation on the interpretation of the PF (Protocol Format) bytes that is more detailed than that in the analyzer.
andyross

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 9:09 am    Post subject: Re: Not parallel? Reply with quote

gcmartin wrote:
I am guessing that your cable is a USB one? The cable that I use for my old JP1.0 remotes is parallel. That being said, I do have a JP1.x USB cable too so what is this adapter you are using? In the meantime Graham is looking at a way of adding 64 bit capability to RMIR which would be really useful.

RMIR will work properly if you only install 32-bit Java, at least as far as Windows is concerned. If you install 64-bit Java, even if 32-bit is also installed, you have to force it to the proper port.
gcmartin

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the meantime, this self build serial JPx to JP1 (under £5) works a treat!

https://ibb.co/dMFt7n

[img]https://ibb.co/dMFt7n[/img]
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2018 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted files for 64-bit JP1Parallel support on RMIR. These are a tidied-up version of the test files that g.c.martin tested and found to work with 64-bit Java on Windows 10. The package also includes the 32-bit compilation that should work with 32-bit Java on either 32-bit or 64-bit Windows, but this is untested. This support follows that provided by IR.exe v8.04 in that it uses this InpOut package for the actual communication with the parallel port. In the case of RMIR this replaces the 32-bit-only support provided by PortTalk.

The JP1Parallel.dll goes in the appropriate subfolder of the RMIR installation folder (in the 32-bit case it replaces the existing one) but InpOut32.dll and InpOutx64.dll go in the installation folder itself. These dll's use an InpOut driver that they install automatically, provided that RMIR is run as administrator and the PC has a parallel port. That is a one-off process, once installed it is no longer necessary to elevate RMIR in this way. The rmaster.err file should contain lines like this:
Code:
LibraryLoader: Loaded 'jp1parallel' successfully from ...
    JP1Parallel version 0.11

and in the next build of RMIR there will be a further line saying whether the InpOut driver is open or not. On machines with no parallel port, the interface should load but the driver will not open.

I should be grateful if anyone who has a parallel port interface and is using 32-bit Java could give the 32-bit version a test. I have run RMIR on my PC (64-bit Windows 8.1 without a parallel port), trying with both 64-bit and 32-bit Java, and in both cases the interface loads but I am unable to test whether it works.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 11, 2018 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The revised JP1Parallel, v0.11, has now been tested on 32-bit Windows 7, again thanks to g.c.martin. I have now posted the source and binaries here. I propose to replace the PortTalk-based version 0.02 currently in RMIR with this InpOut-based version 0.11 in the next release of RMIR if no objections are received.

Edit: Testing showed the 32-bit binary of JP1Parallel v0.11 would not load under Windows XP. To retain backward compatibility I have now updated the link to give v0.12 which does load under Windows XP, and even under Windows 2000. RMIR v2.06 build 5 will include JP1Parallel v0.12.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2018 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have now posted build 5 of RMIR v2.06. This is the first public release since build 2. Compared to build 2, build 5 fixes some bugs, updates protocols.ini and includes some new or corrected RDF files. It provides support for the parallel port interface for JP1 remotes on 64-bit Windows OS, replacing v0.02 of JP1Parallel with v0.12. Such support has been available in IR.exe v8.04 for some time but this is its first appearance in RMIR.

It also adds one completely new feature, which was included in development build 3 but this is its first appearance in a general release. In the Protocol Editor of RMIR and RM, and also in the RMPB application, there is now an analyzer for JP2 executors. These are the executors used by protocols in remotes with MAXQ processors or the TI2541 processor. When one of these processors is selected in the Protocol Editor or RMPB, the Assembler and Disassembler tabs used by other processors are replaced by Analyzer and PF Description tabs. The Analyzer tab gives a detailed analysis of the selected executor. The PF Description tab shows documentation on the interpretation of the PF (Protocol Format) bytes that is more detailed than that in the analyzer.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

An obscure bug has been found in the parallel port support in build 5. It is fine if you open RMIR from the installation folder or from a shortcut and then load a .rmir file, but if you double-click a .rmir file to open it in RMIR using the Windows file association, the parallel port support doesn't load.

The workaround is, of course, to open RMIR and then load the .rmir file but I have fixed the bug for the next build of RMIR. I will post this build now if anyone asks for it, otherwise I will wait till there are other additions or fixes to include.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2018 7:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One misspelled name over at sourceforge:
Quote:

RemoteMaster
Brought to you by: gfb107, mathsdon, xnappo

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: