JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Inteset 422-3 bricked
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wtherrell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 8:27 am    Post subject: Inteset 422-3 bricked Reply with quote

I was uploading a modified rmdu to the unit. Green light on cable indicated file transfer went ok but no response from the remote. Now the remote does not respond to any key press. No lights--nothing. I downloaded what was in the remote and it shows the file was transferred but remote will not light up at all. I posted the last known working file in the diagnosis area for review. Hope someond knows how to unbrick this thing.

I posted the file in the diagnosis area for review. Guess I shoud also post the file I was trying to upload as well.
I'm trying to see how to include a link to the file but can't quite see how to do it.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25007
Here's the file I was trying to upload when the brick happened.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25008
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first thing you should do is to upload a "virgin" image to the remote. There are a few bytes in the low settings area that we don't know what they do but they have been known to make the remote not work. If you somehow changed one of those you might be in trouble. IF you don't have one PM me with the remote signature (listed on the raw data tab) and I'll see if I have one lying around.

If that doesn't work PM me and I might be able to help you fix it. As long as you can "read" the remote there is a good chance that we can get it back
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fixed your links.

But we need the RMIR files, the ones with all your devices, learns, macros, etc., not the RMDU device file.

One strange thing I saw was your bad file has a shifted function assigned to a button that has no primary function defined. Normally harmless, but is the only major difference I see. I'd first try removing Clear from Shift-Eject and assigning it directly to Eject. You can also do this in your RMIR file by going to the keymove tab and deleting the one for Shift-Eject. Then upload again.

Also try holding setup for 4 blinks (if possible), then 981, then upload.

Side note, if you run Hydra, those Captions on/off discretes will no longer work. Neither will Stop.

I don't have a virgin file, but here's a pretty clean one you can try:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25009
wtherrell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 1:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:
The first thing you should do is to upload a "virgin" image to the remote. There are a few bytes in the low settings area that we don't know what they do but they have been known to make the remote not work. If you somehow changed one of those you might be in trouble. IF you don't have one PM me with the remote signature (listed on the raw data tab) and I'll see if I have one lying around.

If that doesn't work PM me and I might be able to help you fix it. As long as you can "read" the remote there is a good chance that we can get it back

PM'd you the Signature from the raw data signature
wtherrell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 2:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Fixed your links.

But we need the RMIR files, the ones with all your devices, learns, macros, etc., not the RMDU device file.

One strange thing I saw was your bad file has a shifted function assigned to a button that has no primary function defined. Normally harmless, but is the only major difference I see. I'd first try removing Clear from Shift-Eject and assigning it directly to Eject. You can also do this in your RMIR file by going to the keymove tab and deleting the one for Shift-Eject. Then upload again.

Also try holding setup for 4 blinks (if possible), then 981, then upload.

Side note, if you run Hydra, those Captions on/off discretes will no longer work. Neither will Stop.

I don't have a virgin file, but here's a pretty clean one you can try:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25009

1. Sorry you had to fix my links. I thought I had finally got that right.Guess I need some more schooling on that.

2. I think the first file I loaded was the last IR file that worked.
The second file I think has the "Remote1" in the file name. That wasn't the IR file? Guess I need to load it back to the remote, then download from the remote and save that to a file and send it? As you can see I still a little unsure of some of this.

3. Of course! Must have been thinking of my old Pioneer Tivo with the built in DVD burner/player . I will move the Clear function as you suggest.
that has an eject button.

4. 4 blinks. Right now I can't get even 1 blink.

5. Hydra--ugh! I will resist that as long as possible unless they fix a lot of stuff, but mainly the lack of one of Tivo's best features IMHO --the live guide.

Thanks again.
wtherrell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:03 pm    Post subject: mdavej, I tried the clean 422-3 file Reply with quote

Strange.
I uploaded the file and immediately the remote led began to blink continuously.
No amount of button pushing would stop the blinking nor would the backlight for the keys come on. I unplugged the cable and the led continued blinking and would not stop until I removed the batteries. After reinserting the batteries the unit would not respond to any key presses. No led, no backlight. Reconnected the cable and uploaded the file again to the remote. This time the led did not light up at all and still no response of any kind from any key.
wtherrell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 3:41 pm    Post subject: RMIR version Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25010

I hope I got the link right this time.

Anyway this is what is currently loaded to the remote's memory.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 4:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good. Download from my previous link again and try it. This one is same as your file except with all devices deleted.
wtherrell

PostPosted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Looks good. Download from my previous link again and try it. This one is same as your file except with all devices deleted.

It uploaded to the remote but no response whatsoever from the remote.

I wonder why the led started blinking that 1st time with the clean file but won't do it now.
wtherrell

PostPosted: Wed Nov 15, 2017 4:05 pm    Post subject: Time to do an RMA? Reply with quote

Well, Is it time to do an RMA? At this point I don't know what else to do. Only problem is that we don't know how I bricked it and it may just recur on a fresh device.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 12:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If unclemiltie hasn't given up yet, I think you should hang in there a bit longer. Assuming your remote isn't a new signature we haven't seen, there's no good reason it should have bricked to the point it's unrecoverable. If it is a new signature, then RMA is indeed your best solution at this point.

I feel bad that I talked you into this and it went so wrong. I really do want to help you find a solution.
wtherrell

PostPosted: Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I pm'd the signature to unclemiltie. He said it was one that he did not have available at the time. So I don't know whether he has given up on it or not.
I think I will start the RMA process and if we can resolve it before time to send it back I guess I can cancel the RMA. No need for you to feel bad--you were good naturedly trying to help. We'll likely give in another go when the new unit arrives.
wtherrell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:20 pm    Post subject: Inteset 422-3 factory set-up file Reply with quote

I just found this file I thought I had lost. It is the download RMIR that I made from the remote as received from the factory. Still has A,B,C,D devices as Apple TV---Roku, etc. If you can use it to make a clean file to resurrect my dead 422-3 before I send it back on RMA Monday I will give it a try. At any rate I suppose it could give you the file for that new signature that unclemiltie was missing. http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=25016
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This original RMIR file shows the expected 362203 signature. Have you tried uploading this original RMIR file to the remote?
Edit: I meant to write 361203.

Last edited by 3FG on Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
wtherrell

PostPosted: Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
This original RMIR file shows the expected 362203 signature. Have you tried uploading this original RMIR file to the remote?
Thank you for responding, 3FG
In raw data the sig shows as 361203.
Yes it will upload to the remote but the remote does not blink led nor will the backlight come on.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: