JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Keymoves on Nevo?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:31 am    Post subject: Keymoves on Nevo? Reply with quote

So I'm just getting into setting up a Nevo and there are a few buttons from each of my components that I'd like to be "active" as soft buttons after pushing an activity.

So I was thinking that I'd do some key moves from the devices onto the TV set of soft keys and then those would display as the soft keys (3 from TV get to stay, 2 from Audio, 2 from cable) Then I tell the activity to use the TV soft keys and I'm good.

Then I open RM and find that there are no key moves?

Suggestions on how to do this?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 9:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Bill,
This is done on the device page. You can add a function from another device. It behaves like its a key in a macro. I've been using Barf"s Irscruitinizer to create the appropriate learns, since the learns will repeat when held.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Vicky, although I can't seem to make it work.

I assume you're talking about the "external functions" tab on the device page. I can put the functions in but for some reason rm won't complete the task by assigning those functions to buttons.

I can drag the functions to the button and it turns black, but if I save it and then re-open the button assignments aren't there. If I upload it to the remote they're not there either.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:
Thanks Vicky, although I can't seem to make it work.

I assume you're talking about the "external functions" tab on the device page. I can put the functions in but for some reason rm won't complete the task by assigning those functions to buttons.

No. You do it on the buttons tab. If I recall correctly there is a radio button on the right side to select other devices. You drag them there.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH got it

don't know how I missed that!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:

don't know how I missed that!
:

lol: Laughing Laughing
It is not exactly intuitive, is it. Works well. The only reason I found it is that mdavej posted a sample for a newbie in a thread that I hijacked.

The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Now that you two have just gone through this, could you suggest a way to make it more intuitive, so Graham could consider it for a future version.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess having the traditional key move tab, that could under the cover do the same thing, would have been more intuitive for me. But then again I'm used to doing key moves
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Oct 27, 2017 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is a totally different beast. I think if we weren't so used to how things function in a standard remote, we bot would have an easier time as a newbie.

iboston

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think i am encountering the same issue... Where the heck is the radio button? I noticed when moved from an older remote the URC7780 to the NevoC2 all my external functions were removed from the button assignments.
iboston

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 12:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, this this works way different. Okay, so you don't get the option to select a device from Remote Master unless you do it from RMIR and edit the device from there.

Learning Curve Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: