JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with 9910 and 2 DirecTV HD DVRs

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 2:39 pm    Post subject: Help with 9910 and 2 DirecTV HD DVRs Reply with quote

I have a 9910 which has worked quite well to control an H20 DirecTV receiver and HR20 DVR. I just changed the H20 to an HR22, and I would like to control both with the 9910, but I cannot get it to work.

I program the 9910 with a JP1 cable using Keymap master. I had downloaded from this site a file for general use with an HR20 DVR. It stated to set the raw fixed data to C3 and that a second receiver could be controlled by setting the receiver to "AV1 or AV2" and then setting the raw fixed data to D3. I did this for the H20, and it worked fine. The problem is that neither the new HR22 or original H20 respond to this code.

One difference appears to be that the DirecTV remote could be set to code 00002 on AV1 and control the H20. This code apparently does not work with an HR20 or HR22. Remote code 00003 is the only one on the DirecTV remote which will control an HR20 or HR22 when set to AV1/AV2.

Does anyone have a fix for this? Is there another protocol, or can I set the raw fixed data to something different so I can control two HD DVRs?

Thanks for the help.

SMK
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are able to make the DTV remotes control the devices properly (using which ever unit code you decided to go with) you should then learn those signals using the URC-9910 to see what codes are really in use. Then build, or modify, an upgrade accordingly.
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is what I'll probably do. It will be a good project for a rainy Sunday, like, for example, tomorrow when it's supposed to pour all day in RI.

SMK
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you set up the second one for address 00003, then the fixed data needs to be 23, not D3. Address 00002 is D3, which, as you've discovered doesn't work on the HR's. See any of the addr3 DirecTV upgrades in the file section for an example.
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Sat Sep 27, 2008 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. This is exactly what I'm looking for!

SMK
RoyGBiv

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Using the device I had made for my original HR20 and then changing Raw Fixed Data to 23 was all I needed. It worked great and was quite simple.

Thanks for the help.

SMK
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: