JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

OARUSB04G Activity Functions not uploaded to remote

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
gadgetgeek2

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 12:09 am    Post subject: OARUSB04G Activity Functions not uploaded to remote Reply with quote

It's been a while since I worked with RMIR but it gradually came back to me over this past weekend as I tried to set up an OARUSB04G remote. I'm not trying to do anything fancy so I don't have the extender installed. I believe I have everything set up as I want, but the two Activity buttons aren't doing everything that they should.

For the Watch TV activity I checked the "Power TV" and "Power Audio" boxes in the Activity Functions area, and set the Activity Group Assignments, then uploaded to the remote. When I download it back into RMIR, the Assignments are still there but none of the Power buttons in the Activity Functions area are checked. That matches what happens when I try to use the Watch TV button-- it doesn't work to turn the devices on, but the key assignments are correct.

I've tried this several times with a few different variations but always the same results. I searched the forum and could not find anyone else reporting this problem. I would appreciate any tips or suggestions that anyone can provide.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jan 16, 2024 2:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a bug in RMIR that only affects OARUSB04G and its European counterpart URC-6440. I am working on it and will post a development build of RMIR for you to test ASAP, hopefully tomorrow.
gadgetgeek2

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, thank you for the quick reply and action on this bug! I was pretty sure that I was following the right steps and couldn't see where I was doing anything wrong, so I'm reassured to hear that it's a bug.

I'll check back Wednesday evening to see if you've posted something, but it's not a crisis at my house if it takes longer to create a fix.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Jan 17, 2024 9:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please try RMIR v3.0.13 in the RMIR Development folder. I think it will fix this bug.
gadgetgeek2

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2024 11:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A sudden burst of work crises and personal demands have conspired against me yesterday and today, and I haven't been able to try your build. I will try it soon-- hopefully Friday evening after work. I truly appreciate your efforts and I hope I don't seem ungrateful. I will report back as soon as I've tried it.
Steve
gadgetgeek2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 19, 2024 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That worked! I unzipped v3.0.13 and opened my saved file that contains "Watch TV" and "Watch Movie" macros. I uploaded that to the remote, and then downloaded it back and the "power" boxes were still checked. I then tried actually using the remote and the buttons worked as expected. I pressed Watch TV and then the power button for 2 seconds and the TV and the amp came on. Very nice!

Thank you again for such a quick response and fix. I'll try more things with the remote now and see what I need to tweak to have it working as I'd like. It will be nice to have a working universal remote control again.
-Steve
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jan 20, 2024 8:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many thanks for letting me know that all is now well. If you come across any further problems, do post again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: