JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Microsoft MCE Keyboard Remote
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
legzrwheelz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Therefore, the combos are:
alt+F4 = obc:61, obc2: 4
Ctrl+alt+b obc:5, obc2: 5
Ctrl+alt+n obc:17, obc2: 5

Awesome! Thank you very much. Would happen to know why my remote isn't properly learning the signal?
I'm not at a computer right now, but will that file tell me the button codes? So I can create my own combos?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

legzrwheelz wrote:
Awesome! Thank you very much. Would happen to know why my remote isn't properly learning the signal?
I'm not at a computer right now, but will that file tell me the button codes? So I can create my own combos?

I don't understand enough of your question to try to offer an answer.
legzrwheelz

PostPosted: Tue Feb 18, 2020 11:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry. Basically what I'm wondering is there information for each key that allows me to setup my own key combinations in the same way you explained the alt+f4. Is there documentation for each key code?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2020 8:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RMDU file lists the keycode for each basic key, at least all of the ones that we've discovered, there's always the possibility that there are additional functions available. I forget if anyone did an exhaustive search for additional functions and this thread is too long to read back to check.

But anyway, we also documented how to make compound button codes, which I quoted in my previous post.

Now, the real question is, do you have the ability to do anything with these codes? I'm guessing that you don't have a JP1 remote. You mentioned "advance mce remote mapper", but that sounds like a way to create new functions, which is not needed here. What I'm saying is, if you had a JP1 remote, you could load the upgrade and enter the codes as I described earlier and it would work, without any registry edits. Unless, of course, things like alt+F4 don't actually do anything and you need to edit the registry to make it do something.

Last edited by The Robman on Thu Feb 20, 2020 8:57 am; edited 1 time in total
legzrwheelz

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have an xsight color remote. I've loaded my remote with a few device upgrades. I use the advance mce mapper tool for on the fly tweaks. However, I want it all to be remote based. One other thing I was curious about, can I combine remote upgrades? ie: adding the play/pause stop ff Rew functions from a standard rc6 device upgrades file into the mce keyboard file?
I am able to map letter keys for these functions, however having the actual media keys function makes it possible to make my remote "just work" with Netflix on Windows 10.
Basically I'm trying to avoid switching between devices on my remote. If anything, I can teach my remote. I'd just rather do the programming on the software side. Hope I'm making sense.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Feb 20, 2020 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why do you need to mix RC6 functions with the MCE upgrade to work Netflix?

With most remotes, I would say yes, you could program the RC6 functions as keymoves, but as far as I know, the Xsight remotes don't support key moves, so your best bet to combine those functions is to learn the buttons (you can learn to any button).
legzrwheelz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found a little application called Netflix remote controller. It interprets rc6 commands and passed it through to Netflix. I just want to add the play, pause, stop, Rew and ff to the mce keyboard file. I just want to avoid switching between the hp remote and the mce keyboard by combing both. Everything would work as I need it to if I can accomplish this.i would have all keyboard and rc6 commands for Netflix, Kodi and LaunchBox
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you using the Xsight remote, or the HP remote and your keyboard? I can't help you with the HP or the keyboard, but I can with the Xsight. Normally, I would tell you to use keymoves, but the Xsight doesn't support them, so I would advise you to learn the RC6 functions to the transport keys on the Xsight.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 8:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the device editor on the buttons tab, you can assign functions from other devices, effectively the same thing as as keymove.
legzrwheelz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 6:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
In the device editor on the buttons tab, you can assign functions from other devices, effectively the same thing as as keymove.

Excellent, I cant seem to find this option though, can you post some screenshots?

Just for the record, I don't use activities or macros, I like having all functions on the device that i frequently use on the screen. (in case this is what you were going to suggest) Such as AV power, AV Input selector, TV power, TV hdmi input etc etc. I dont use any other devices. I just have my pc, av receiver and tv. No bluray, no dvd player, no home automation (yet)....

Edit: NVM, I found it. I like the concept, however since I only want the device I am using and dont use activities, I still would like to add my functions to the mce keyboard rmdu

Edit 2: So I figured how to make this happen by using the external functions tab,

Edit 3: Maybe I didn't figure this out. Even though it shows the buttons I added in external functions, I cannot assign the buttons to any of the newly added functions. Ideas?

Edit 4: So I have tried figuring out how to add the alt+f4 function, yet it does nothing. I have a screenshot attached to show what Ive entered in the device functions tab

https://i.imgur.com/JSqJzT9.jpg
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
on the buttons tab
, not external functions.

Your Alt-F4 code looks correct to me.
legzrwheelz

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Quote:
on the buttons tab
, not external functions.

Your Alt-F4 code looks correct to me.

I found that option, but I dont want multiple devices since I dont want to use activities/macros. I just had an idea, Ill try it out later this evening. In the meantime, if you can tell me how to add those rc6 functions to the "microsoft mce keyboard", I would be grateful. Thank you.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 21, 2020 11:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob told you one method, and I told you the only other method. If you'd rather keep trying to add senseless self-imposed barriers and do the impossible, best of luck to you.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

legzrwheelz wrote:
I found that option, but I dont want multiple devices since I dont want to use activities/macros. I just had an idea, Ill try it out later this evening. In the meantime, if you can tell me how to add those rc6 functions to the "microsoft mce keyboard", I would be grateful. Thank you.

So LW, I originally thought your goal was to make the transport buttons work your Netflix remote controller and the rest to replicate your keyboard, but am I correct in now understanding it's not the result that you're trying to achieve, you want to achieve the result in a specific way (ie, adding the Netflix functions to the keyboard RMDU file), is that correct?

If so, the answer is no, it's not possible to achieve that result using your specific method, sorry. If you're willing to do it the way we're telling you, you can do it.
legzrwheelz

PostPosted: Sat Feb 22, 2020 7:47 pm    Post subject: You guys are amazing Reply with quote

Hey Rob and Dave, Thank you for all the support and patience. I figured it all out by using two device upgrades, the MCE Keyboard that you linked, and This RMDU file.

I first mapped all the RC6 keys, then added the keyboard and created my hotkeys according to the instructions you provided. Then went into the layout tab on the Microsoft MCE Remote, switched devices to map my keys to like mdavej suggested and was able to select my hotkeys and mapped those to the screen. I even made icons for all my screen functions. It is perfect.

As for the Netflix situation, the program I was telling you about found here, is an ahk converted to an exe, that launches Netflix in fullscreen, captures the RC6 commands and translates it to a command that the Netflix app can understand. So mouse functions etc aren't needed. It is extremely handy and user friendly.

Now, I am using an AHK script I've written and launch at windows start that allows me to use the MCE green button to launch Kodi. I also have ctrl+alt+b added to it for starting LaunchBox BigBox (gaming front end), YouTube kids using ctrl+alt+y to launch in fullscreen (that closes the tab as well as chrome using shift+escape to close the app) and lastly ctrl+alt+n to launch that Netflix controller app. For added convenience, i wrote the script so that if any of the windows should loses, sending the hotkeys used to launch, will then bring it back to focus instead of multiple instances of that process.

The main reason for me wanting to combine the two rmdu files was to minimize the amount of devices. I need to be able to create my own shortcuts that worked from my remote rather than on the registry side of things. I am now ok with having both on my remote, the MCE keyboard is on the 2nd page and out of the way. outta sight, outta mind...right? lol

It all just works now and I couldn't be happier. This is far superior when compared to the Harmony. I have had many harmony remotes and the RC6 lag has been present in every remote. I have had the Harmony 900, Ultimate One, Harmony for XBOX 360, Harmony Elite, Harmony 520 and lastly the Harmony 720. They all had the lag and none compared to the Xsight. I originally bought the Xsight touch because it was an open box deal at fry's for like 60 bucks and a friend of mine working there hooked me up with a discount. My kid's mother hit me with it and the touch screen took a crap. So I went back to Harmony....huge mistake. Then I found the Xsight color 15 for 4 bucks on eBay....I am thrilled to come back to the UEI family. Never gonna go back to the Harmony series. Sorry for the novel. I am just thrilled to have my remote customized to this extent. The original software didn't even offer this level of customizability. Hell, the Harmony elite and touch pro didn't even offer using icons to this level. Thank you both, Rob and Dave Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Keyboards All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16

Jump to: