JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

One4All URC8308 Kameleon Remote - Unable to Reset

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kanishkster

PostPosted: Sat Jun 24, 2017 11:58 pm    Post subject: One4All URC8308 Kameleon Remote - Unable to Reset Reply with quote

Hi All,

My question is regarding a remote(One4All URC8308) that has been discontinued by One4All and even the customer support is not available anymore.
I want to factory reset my remote as few of the keys are not working (the IR indicator does not blink).
I am certain that it is a software issue, as the same keys work when I change the mode to another device (TV to DVD).
The manual says that we have to press and hold the MAGIC key to enter the setup mode and then press some other keys to do a factory reset.
However, unfortunately in my case, MAGIC key doesn't respond at all (I have tried it in all the 8 device modes).
Is there any other way of resetting this device? I have tried removing the batteries, but it didn't help (it seems the remote uses non-volatile memory).

I hope someone on this forum knows any other way of resetting this remote to factory settings?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 25, 2017 4:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Remove the batteries, press any key to get the remote to totally discharge. Reinsert the batteries and then follow the magic reset procedure in the manual.

If the Magic button is really not functioning, the options are really limited. Sometimes you can get it to work with a cable, but I've had numerous times where the only solution was a factory reset.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
kanishkster

PostPosted: Mon Jun 26, 2017 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Remove the batteries, press any key to get the remote to totally discharge. Reinsert the batteries and then follow the magic reset procedure in the manual.

Thanks vickyg2003 for the response.
I removed the batteries, pressed lot of keys and kept the remote overnight (without batteries).
But, it still remembers all the programming and also the MAGIC key doesn't work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: