JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

EZ-RC alternative for my Monster remote?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:
Teammaf wrote:
Still says no remotes found when doing raw download.

An XSight/Nevo type of remote will report "No remotes found" with RMIR if there is no RDF for it. It doesn't need to be a real RDF, you could take a copy of any of the ones whose names start with USB, e.g. USB8006 (Nevo C2).rdf, and change the 8006 (in this case) to the USB PID of your remote. You can find the PID from Windows Device Manager under Human Interface Devices. On my PC, with Windows 8.1, it appears as a "HID-compliant vendor-defined device". You need to identify the new entry that appears when you connect the remote, double-click the entry and look under the Events tab. Mine has an entry there of
Code:
Device HID\VID_06E7&PID_8001\6&1f177942&5&0000 was configured.

The VID will be 06E7 for UEI remotes, it is the PID (in this case 8001) that you need.

Hope this helps. With an RDF named in this way, RMIR should at least be able to do a raw download. BTW Conduit.exe is irrelevant. EZ-RC used it but has gone, and RMIR doesn't use it.

Hey Graham, is there anyway that we could get RMIR to detect the PID, maybe with a button to do so or something?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
If RMIR sees any USB HID device with vendor ID 06E7, it will write a line into the rmaster.err file, for example:
Code:
Remote found: Manufacturer = null, Product = null, Product ID = 8011
I believe it will do this even if no matching RDF file is found.

Teammaf,
Start RMIR, try to download from your remote, wait for it to fail, close RMIR, look in your RMIR folder for the file rmaster.err and upload it here into the Diagnostics area. Probably it will contain useful info.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
Rob,
If RMIR sees any USB HID device with vendor ID 06E7, it will write a line into the rmaster.err file, for example:
Code:
Remote found: Manufacturer = null, Product = null, Product ID = 8011
I believe it will do this even if no matching RDF file is found.

So maybe if RMIR detects a HID device with no RDF, it could download the device using a generic USB RDF that we could create? Or just use the first available USB RDF to assist in the download, but just do a raw download, thus giving the user something to post here for us to look at.
Teammaf

PostPosted: Sat Jun 03, 2017 11:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

EDIT, look at latest post got some stuff working

Testing interface: CommHID
Interface matched. Trying to open remote.
Remote found: Manufacturer = Universal Electronics Inc., Product = Monster AVL-50 USB HID (C) 2009, Product ID = 7
Port Name = NULL
Failed to open
Starting raw download
Interface Name = NULL
Port Name = NULL
Remote found: Manufacturer = Universal Electronics Inc., Product = Monster AVL-50 USB HID (C) 2009, Product ID = 7
Port Name = NULL

some copy and paste using notepad++, I guess its seeing its ID properly

figured id post a excerpt

Last edited by Teammaf on Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:16 am; edited 1 time in total
Teammaf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I changed the USB0007 to just USB7 and it seems to pull download data now. Download doesn't fail anymore. Doesn't have any specifics though, every tab i click is greyed out(assuming cause it doesn't fully recognize the remote) just stuff only on the "raw data" tab comes up. I did save a copy of the device as a .rmir file if needing to be uploaded some where.

Copy/paste of rmaster.err file after doing the download

Code:
Port Name = HID
Opened on Port HID
Opened interface type 201
Interface opened successfully
Base address = $0
Searching for RDF
Final signature sought = USB7
Remote identified as: Nevo C3
Read initialization failed
Number of bytes read  = $0
Ending normal download
Data parsing started
Data parsing ended
0000: 0 != 1
Starting normal download
Interface Name = NULL
Port Name = NULL
Testing interface: JP1.X Serial
Port Name = NULL
Port Name = HID
Opened on Port HID
Opened interface type 201
Interface opened successfully
Base address = $0
Read initialization failed
Number of bytes read  = $0
Ending normal download
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teammaf wrote:
I changed the USB0007 to just USB7 and it seems to pull download data now. Download doesn't fail anymore. Doesn't have any specifics though, every tab i click is greyed out(assuming cause it doesn't fully recognize the remote) just stuff only on the "raw data" tab comes up. I did save a copy of the device as a .rmir file if needing to be uploaded some where.

Yes please, we want to see the raw data rmir file. Please load to the Diagnosis Area and then post a link here.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What is really needed is a raw download, not the content of the raw data tab. To do this, go to Remote > Raw Download from the menu bar, press the Download button and after the download completes, press Save and accept the default filename that the system will offer. Then post the file in the Diagnosis Area as Rob requests.
Teammaf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14557

^^^ rmir file

If I do a raw download, it acts like it downloads, but the whole window is greyed out nothing comes up, and I click save and nothing happens. It doesn't error out, but I thought once I was able to get data to show after doing a raw download, ill mess with it in a bit for now only have rmir file.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's good. Now, can you confirm any of the programming in the remote? Starting with, what setup codes do you have programmed? (eg, DVD/1234, etc)
Teammaf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 04, 2017 1:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
That's good. Now, can you confirm any of the programming in the remote? Starting with, what setup codes do you have programmed? (eg, DVD/1234, etc)

Luckily yes there is a sort of half manual program mode I can do from the remote itself, mainly is just learning commands i.e take source remote point it at the monster remote and itll learn the buttons. I think can see the codes though for each device on there....I cant add anything from here, just view and delete.

Sony TV= 0810
SONY DVD = 1633
Toshiba HD DVD = 1769
Samsung receiver = 1868
xbox = 3949
JVC VCR= 0008
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've split the Mac discussion to its own thread:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=100727
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jun 05, 2017 4:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Xsight not working with RM Reply with quote

mediawiz wrote:
I have the same problem with my Xsight (URC-8603 XSight Touch) that used to work fine with EZ-RC website, but I get "Error downloading from remote" message with Remote Master.
I noticed there is a dedicated RDF file in the directory. Yet, whatever protocol I try, It doesn't download anything.
Please HELP

Thank you
Upload your err file from the Remote Master directory. Also tell us what OS you're running.

Upload here, and post a link in your response:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=category&cat_id=35
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mediawiz wrote:
I have the same problem with my Xsight (URC-8603 XSight Touch) that used to work fine with EZ-RC website, but I get "Error downloading from remote" message with Remote Master.

Unless you are running an old version of RMIR, the error message should tell you how to do a raw download and ask you to post this in the Diagnostic Area of this forum. Please do that, as well as posting the rmaster.err file that mdavej says. If you don't get this message, check the version of RMIR by going to Help > About. The current public version is RMIR v2.04 build 14.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Teammaf wrote:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14557
^^^ rmir file

If I do a raw download, it acts like it downloads, but the whole window is greyed out nothing comes up, and I click save and nothing happens. It doesn't error out, but I thought once I was able to get data to show after doing a raw download, ill mess with it in a bit for now only have rmir file.

Graham, who is the best person to help Teammaf complete an RDF for this new remote?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 06, 2017 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll volunteer for the map, but I can't help much with the RDF.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Nevo and Xsight Remotes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
Page 2 of 6

Jump to: