JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Call for EZ-RC logins
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob187 wrote:
can remote master add 3speed and factory ?

Yes, adding buttons to a remote has nothing to do with upgrading the firmware of the remote. Chances are you wouldn't even notice the difference in your Nevo if you were able to upgrade the firmware.

All you need to do to add the "3speed" and "factory" buttons is to, first get the OBC codes from here (ie, factory=59, 3speed=60):
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14288

and then add them to any Samsung TV upgrade and install it onto your remote.

The following Samsung "master file" includes the 3speed and factory buttons:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13742

bob187 wrote:
I am also looking at the harmany 650 at walmart for $50 is it worth it ? or should I sit this one out ?

As we have said MANY times, JP1 can do pretty much everything that the old EZ-RC site could do, but it seems you are really keen to give up and try other options, in which case I wish you the best of luck.

Last edited by The Robman on Tue May 30, 2017 5:12 pm; edited 2 times in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob187 wrote:

Add the OBCs below to any of our Samsung TV upgrades.
http://www.remotecentral.com/cgi-bin/forums/viewpost.cgi?1254833
Quote:
I am also looking at the harmany 650 at walmart for $50 is it worth it ?
This model is often on sale for $40 and even less for refurb. It's $36 on Amazon. Up to you if you want to pay full price.
Quote:
or should I sit this one out ?
Your call. I guess I would try to get the Nevo working before spending any more money.

Quickest way would be go thru device setup on the remote itself, adding a Samsung TV, download to RMIR, edit device and add 2 OBCs above and map to onscreen buttons, save, upload. Whole process should take about 5 minutes.
tranx

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As has already been stated the firmware could be largely irrelevant to JP1.

In my opinion, if you don't mind looking at the screen to see what is going on, and if you don't want to explore JP1 further, harmony might have the edge for its activity awareness (aka toad tog functions) but 650 is probably more limited as to the number of devices and would also require a bit of learning to get the best out of it.
bob187

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 5:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
bob187 wrote:

Yes, adding buttons to a remote has nothing to do with upgrading the firmware of the remote. Chances are you wouldn't even notice the difference in your Nevo if you were able to upgrade the firmware.

All you need to do to add the "3speed" and "factory" buttons is to, first get the OBC codes from here (ie, factory=59, 3speed=60):
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=14288

and then add them to any Samsung TV upgrade and install it onto your remote.

The following Samsung "master file" includes the 3speed and factory buttons:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13742

bob187 wrote:
I am also looking at the harmany 650 at walmart for $50 is it worth it ? or should I sit this one out ?

As we have said MANY times, JP1 can do pretty much everything that the old EZ-RC site could do, but it seems you are really keen to give up and try other options, in which case I wish you the best of luck.

Thank You. You got it working for me Smile whats the big deal with the firmware upgrade if you can still add buttons this way?

one more question can I manually do codes like on an older OFA remote I had where I could press magic, shift and enter A 3 digit code to find new and interesting functions ?

thanks again.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed May 31, 2017 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob187 wrote:
Thank You. You got it working for me Smile whats the big deal with the firmware upgrade if you can still add buttons this way?

one more question can I manually do codes like on an older OFA remote I had where I could press magic, shift and enter A 3 digit code to find new and interesting functions ?

thanks again.

There's no big deal with the firmware, but there is a more up to date version available than what comes with the remote from the factory, so when you would connect such a remote to ez-rc.com the first thing it would do is upgrade the firmware. So, I assume there is some improvement, but I don't know what it is.

I don't know if you can do the direct entry of codes with the Nevo, I don't think anyone's ever tried.

Here's the wiki page for it, in case you haven't seen it already:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_started_with_Xsight_and_Nevo
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Honestly I have never noticed a difference in the firmware. The main thing is I noticed I had some problems moving between remotes with different firmware - but that was a LONG time ago when there were other bugs in RMIR XSight support that may have been causing that.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 01, 2017 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Problem with old firmwares is you can't turn off the Assist screen in Remote Master. If we could solve that, then we wouldn't need to upgrade the firmware.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: