JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Call for EZ-RC logins
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue May 16, 2017 9:20 am    Post subject: Call for EZ-RC logins Reply with quote

For a while now, new users have been unable to create an account on EZ-RC. If there is anyone willing to share a login for the purposes of updating remote firmware, many people would appreciate it. If you would like to share, PM me the details and I will share with others by request via PM.

I don't expect a lot of requests and will share this with only one person at a time. But realize that person could share it with anybody else or even post it online. So it should be a throw-away email address, account you don't mind others changing and a password that you don't mind possibly being public.

When we have a few logins, I'll close this thread.

Thanks

EDIT: EZ-RC site has permanently shut down. No more logins are requested or will be shared.

Last edited by mdavej on Mon Jun 05, 2017 5:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One kind soul has shared a login. PM me if you need it. I have contacted a few of you already.
peanutmans

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 10:32 am    Post subject: Yep Reply with quote

I just bought a x sight lite and did not klnow I wouldnt be able to get it set up .
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PM sent
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Thu May 18, 2017 5:08 pm    Post subject: Re: Yep Reply with quote

peanutmans wrote:
I just bought a x sight lite and did not klnow I wouldnt be able to get it set up .

You don't need EZ-RC to set it up. RMIR can do all the setup that EZ-RC can do. The only thing that EZ-RC is needed for is to upgrade the firmware, and AFAIK that only applies to the XSight Touch/Color and clones, not to the XSight Lite/Plus.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is years since I have tried to log in to EZ-RC, but I tried today to do so. I know the username (e-mail address) and password is what I have used before, but I get a message "Sorry! Try logging in again. Check your username and password". I am using IE 11 (with Windows 8.1), the site says it is designed for IE 7 and 8. I've tried setting ez-rc in Compatibility View in IE but it makes no difference. Is there any other setting I need to change?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Compatibility view is the only setting I've ever had to change.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I logged in the other day and couldn't remember my password, so I used the "forgot password" link and got in.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 22, 2017 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I logged in the other day and couldn't remember my password, so I used the "forgot password" link and got in.

Following this suggestion I thought I would try that, but found today that EZ-RC has finally disappeared Crying or Very sad . UEI says

Quote:
EZ-RC has reached its end-of-life. One For All launched its EZ-RC service for the Xsight series of remotes almost ten years ago, back in 2008. We would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your support throughout this journey and hope you will continue to follow our products.

bob187

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 5:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this suck. now i am stuck with junk harmany 650 is at walmart for $50 should i get it or will it be this all over again ?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue May 23, 2017 7:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob187 wrote:
this suck. now i am stuck with junk harmany 650 is at walmart for $50 should i get it or will it be this all over again ?

I take it that you don't find the support that we offer for the Nevo here to be satisfactory? What is it that you want to do that JP1 doesn't do for you?
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Wed May 24, 2017 1:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob187 wrote:

We are still investigating whether or not RMIR can be made to do the firmware upgrade on a Nevo. I don't know yet what the chances are of success, but when we know one way or the other whether this is possible, I will post in this thread to say so. Please be aware, in any case, that the firmware upgrade makes very little difference to the operation of the remote, and as Rob says, all setup procedures can already be done with RMIR and that will remain so despite the demise of EZ-RC.
bob187

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 2:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
bob187 wrote:

I take it that you don't find the support that we offer for the Nevo here to be satisfactory? What is it that you want to do that JP1 doesn't do for you?

I wanted to upgrade my firmware and get it to do the 3speed and factory service mode for samsung smart tv
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2017 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob187 wrote:
The Robman wrote:
bob187 wrote:

I wanted to upgrade my firmware and get it to do the 3speed and factory service mode for samsung smart tv
I gave you a login on May 20, before the site shut down. Did that not work?

We are making progress on firmware upgrades.

EZ-RC would never have been able to add 3speed and service mode. Only JP1 can do that. So you seem to have JP1 and EZ-RC mixed up.

Two of your three goals can be accomplished with Remote Master today.
bob187

PostPosted: Tue May 30, 2017 6:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
I gave you a login on May 20, before the site shut down. Did that not work?

We are making progress on firmware upgrades.

EZ-RC would never have been able to add 3speed and service mode. Only JP1 can do that. So you seem to have JP1 and EZ-RC mixed up.

Two of your three goals can be accomplished with Remote Master today.

thanks for the login. but I didn't check it until i was off from work and the site was gone. Sad
can remote master add 3speed and factory ?
I am also looking at the harmany 650 at walmart for $50 is it worth it ?
or should I sit this one out ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: