JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

devices & r/c list dissapeared

View previous topic :: View next topic  
therafys

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 12:14 am    Post subject: devices & r/c list dissapeared Reply with quote

hello , i dont actually search for a r/c not listed .i have a slingb. (PRO HD) which i use it for more than 5 years with no problem i have found a r/c that "suits" to my device , "played" a little with the .spr file to bring it to my needs and i was streaming for a long long time ...until an automatic ? (dont know) update occur or a loss of configuration happened that drove me to start the setup assistant on the s.b player .on the very first page of setup (slingbox name , country , password etc.) i get below the message "This slingbox was not designed to be used in...."-- ANY COUNTRY I INPUT - EVEN USA :>SAME MESSAGE and as a result on the next page where i configure the video source i get no device list AT ALL . any type i chose (cable,sat,DVD etc) i get no update on the device list except : Other> Other > Custom , asking me for a custom code. So i cannot completely setup my r/c . the slingbox looks to be upTOdate , the stream is ok - can produce A/V stream but the other side is obvious that cannot control the connected devices. on the slingbox forum i found similar cases (looks that many had the same issue but either they had warranty and their device was replaced !!!??? or gave up ) _ on the same forum it was said that a voltage regulator part is faulty and some circuits do not work (in fact here[jp1] i was informed about same thing about my s/b .OK i am not asking for help on this issue , i am asking this : SINCE MY S/B still "can do the job" : (stream A/V) ,i was thinking of this: my device (a MPEG4 terrestrial decoder ) is a NO NAME brand ,but i could control it by using a R/C from a "CableBox" device listed on the above procedure of the slingbox setup.this R/C was found after long time search and the device is called "ShanghaiTelcomIPTV" . but now as i told there is No list to pick. so i am asking someone if has any idea on how to find a bin code for this device or it is store somewhere on my slingmedia folders since i've used this type in the past - or anything else you have in mind
please , thank you for your time , any help will be great

Last edited by therafys on Fri Apr 28, 2017 7:12 am; edited 2 times in total
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can do this, but it involves rewiring my system, so I can't do it immediately.' Back later.
therafys

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

alanrichey wrote:
I can do this, but it involves rewiring my system, so I can't do it immediately.' Back later.

thank you so much for your time , i can live i think without r/c
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 1:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So, leaving the other post to deal with the ShanghaiTelcomIPTV bin file, Alan, I take it that you understand the original post as you say it would require re-wiring your system, if so, could help explain it for folks like me that didn't follow it at all.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Apr 28, 2017 3:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the first part simply pointss that his Slingbox is 'shot', with a well known internal fault. A few years ago you could get a free replacement as Sling acknowledged it was a design fault. So while he can stream video OK, he cannot select the ShanghaiTelcomIPTV built-in remote. However, and I have to admit I had never thought of this, he can still load a Custom Remote. So I have to install that box on my Slingbox and the analyse the output from the IR Blaster.

When I say re-wiring it is perhaps a bit of an exaggeration, but I have my room setup so I can program my Harmony remote then run IRScope with my IR dongle, and build the remote from my computer, all from the comfort of my armchair Very Happy

On the other side of the room is my TV/Slingbox/Sky setup, and the IR blasters from the Slingbox are positioned in front of the Sky box. So in this case I trying to analyse the output from a Slingbox 12ft away, that will involve moving everything from my chair across to the TV unit. Not a big deal in the big scheme of things, just a bit of a pain Very Happy
therafys

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well , this seems that you are devoted to what you are doing so many years .if you have any Greek friends ask them what "meraki" word means in English : "you have it -meraki- " we say , working with slingbox and everything around this , and whatever will happen to mine , you deserve a big bravo.
one thing i'd like to add , to have in mind is that reading your guide at http://slingbox.wikia.com about adding codes to setup assistant i noticed this : typing any code i download from jp1 list (no matter if the r/c is correct or not)
i get always this message "CUSTOM REMOTE CODE NOT FOUND.PLEASE TRY A DIFFERENT CODE". ex. i download the "Hitachi HDR-161 Satellite" code > extract contents to SBAV directory of slingmedia and type the first 5 digits(S2010) in the enter custom code field . i should expect nothing to happen but the above message occurs .it happens even if i input random data like C1020 or V2205 etc am i doing something wrong ?
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That site is years out of date, in fact I didn't even know it existed, someone else must have uploaded the details.

The latest installation instructions are at http://www.rmrsoft.com/how_to_install_a_custom_remote_onto_the_slingbox.html . So read and use those and you will find the answer to your question.
therafys

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

final report: before spending your time on finding the code i'd like to prevent you by notify this: the device must have a serious malfunction communicating with the outer world. there are two options .
a)using sling player desktop 5 > CANNOT GO FURTHER THAN : device type >cablebox > (supposed to have an option of OTHER) , i dont ! there is noway to use the above link instructions . i'm stuck on manufacturer and no list ! so kill S/P 5.0
b)using slingplayer 2 : i can use cablebox >"OTHER" , have the chance to input custom BIN code but i get the message on my previous thread.
in fact i used a bin code which you have uploaded in the past (infomir mag254) which is a device i have and could test the bin input procedure . so i took the C2010_PL.bin and paste it in the C:\Program Files (x86)\Sling Media\SlingPlayer\SBAV folder , and at the setup process i type into the enter custom code field the C2010 >pressing power > CUSTOM REMOTE CODE NOT FOUND.PLEASE TRY A DIFFERENT CODE . if i press NEXT , slingbox tries to download or update or something >"no update found" .what i want to say is that i think this effort comes to an end believing that the problem is deeper and i 'm quite sure that even if you find a code for the ShangaiIPTV will be useless .
thats all for now .thank you
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Apr 29, 2017 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why did you ignore my previous post ? I told you specifically to follow the latest instructions but you obviously;y didn't.

Unless you are prepared to do as I ask I cannot help you.
therafys

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 3:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i am not ignoring you !
i am trying to explain you that i do not have the ability to follow the steps you show on the webpage (i have already checked it many days before)
i cannot figure where the screenshots are taken from : my SlingplayerDesktop-5.0.0.83 , does not give me these steps .there is a very first configuration which stacks on chose device manufacturer setup (see this video: https://youtu.be/29LTCAyrEhA) .i believe that it must download some info but it doesnt and also not givingme the ability of custom bin code .
using slingplayer 2 , can go some steps further ( this video : https://youtu.be/6dwwAYQsyAI ) giving me the above errors .where am i doing wrong .
thats why i believe i've come to a dead end on my prior thread
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, we are going to have to start this from scratch. I am away from my laptop at the moment so will have to do it tomorrow.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon May 01, 2017 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Right back home. Now, you are going to have to be much more specific then 'do not have the ability'. At which point in the instructions are you not getting what you are expecting ?
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: