JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Remote Master Not Working

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:30 am    Post subject: Remote Master Not Working Reply with quote

I am a newbie. I have has some success with the Remote Master program but now after I click on the remote I amusing I get a message that says I may have a software problem with the program and I need to do a Raw Download and that will create a file for you folks to look at to figure out the problem. I have done just that and created the file but I do not know how to attach it to this note I am sending you. I would like to send you that file so I could get the program working properly. How do I send the file? Thanks for your help.
Steven Kovacs

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 1:45 am    Post subject: Raw Download File Problem Reply with quote

Receiving a message that says there may be a problem with the Remote Master software and I should do a Raw Download and send you folks the Raw Download file so you can figure out what the problem is. I have done the Raw Download and it is on my desktop but I do not know how to send it to you. How do I do that?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Remote Master Not Working Reply with quote

Steven Kovacs wrote:
I have done just that and created the file but I do not know how to attach it to this note I am sending you. I would like to send you that file so I could get the program working properly. How do I send the file? Thanks for your help.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=17302
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 25, 2016 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's some extra info from an email conversation that I had with Steven...

Steven Kovacs wrote:
Hi Rob;
I am not looking for special treatment by sending you an e mail. I love your website, and I love the Remote Master Program, but my remote master program stopped working. I do not know how do do a posting on your jp1 website with an attachment to the posting so I am sending you this e mail. I re downloaded the program and I still have the same problem. The problem is this. Right after i select the remote I am using I get a message that says there my be a problem with the remote master software and I need to do a Raw Download and save the file. I did that and I saved the file which I have attached to this e mail. Why does it still say I have a software problem if I did a whole new complete download of the program, and how can I get the program working again? Hold on. Now I have a greater problem.I just did a fresh download of Remote Master and now when I click on the Remote Master Executable Jar file that would always open the Remote Master Program in the past, absolutely nothing happens. What do I need to do to get Remote Master working again? I really want to keep using this great program, and thank you very much for your help.

we have a file section on the JP1 site and there is a folder in it called the Diagnosis Area. load your file there then include a link to it when u post. I am the wrong person to help with this, you need Graham (mathdon).

Steven Kovacs wrote:
Thanks Rob. But I have 2 questions...
1. How do I contacts this Graham (mathdon)?

2. How do I attach the file I downloaded in a posting?

Thank You for the help.

you don't contact him per se, you post asking for help in the forum and he will find you, as will others who can help.

as for posting the file, first load it up as I explained in my last email, then navigate back to the file that you just posted, then point to the URL (the line that starts with http:// ) at the top of the page and highlight it, then do CNTL+C which will "copy" it, then when you want to refer to the file in your post, do CNTL+V to paste it into the post.

Steven Kovacs wrote:
I read the instructions on how do do a posting in a forum but I still do not how to dot it. It says click the "relevant" button". What and where is the relevant button?

2. As far as loading up the file to a posting you said you explained that in an earlier e mail but I don't see that. How do I attach the file to a posting assuming i will ever learn how to post something. Sorry to be a pain but I really, really, really need to get Remote Master working again. Thanks for any help.

sorry, I don't know how help further

Steven Kovacs wrote:
It says click on the relevant button to do a posting. What is the relevant button?

what instructions r u reading?

Steven Kovacs wrote:
I'm reading the FAQs. I can now get the program to open but after I choose the remote I still get the message that says "there might be a problem with software. Do a Raw Download." I've done the raw download. How do I send the raw download file that is on my desktop, and who do I send it to.

I've explained twice how to post ur file, so I don't know what else to add. I just asked you to send me the link to the instructions that you are trying to follow but you didn't send them.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, 2016 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven, you seem to have managed to post a file before:

Steven Kovacs wrote:
I found the rmaster.err file, and I uploaded it in the Diagnostics Files. The link to the upload is...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13741

If anyone can tell me what this file says that would be great. It's all Greek ti me.

Thanks for everyone's help.

Steven Kovacs

Just post the raw download in the same way that you posted the rmaster.err file.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2016 3:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Steven Kovacs wrote:
I read the instructions on how do do a posting in a forum but I still do not how to dot it. It says click the "relevant" button". What and where is the relevant button? I'm reading the FAQs.

I managed to find the FAQ post that Steven was referring to. I should point out that these FAQs came with the forum software and weren't written by us, but regardless, it's trying to explain how to post to the forum, but as you've already posted 68 times is that really an issue for you? At any rate, the "relevant" button that they are referring to is either the "New Topic" button that's on the forum listings or the "Post Reply" button that also appears on an individual message listing.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2016 4:48 pm    Post subject: Re: Remote Master Not Working Reply with quote

Update from Steve by email...

Steven Kovacs wrote:
Thank you very much for all your help. It is greatly appreciated. Although I did solve the problem, myself. There was, and is nothing wrong with the software. I did a factory reset on the jp1 remote I am using and the problem was resolved. Again, thank you for your time, and consideration.

Steve

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: