JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

IR Blaster using 1 of those PC IR receiver/transmittr things

View previous topic :: View next topic  
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2016 10:25 pm    Post subject: IR Blaster using 1 of those PC IR receiver/transmittr things Reply with quote

I have a question about those RC6 IR receiver/transmitter devices that came with some of those "Windows Media Center Edition" computers.

I have a few of those things with the extra IR blaster/transmitter and I was wondering if there is a piece of software that would allow me to transmit IR signals of my choosing On-the-fly all without having to make an upgrade file and then load said file into a remote and then try my random codes.

I Basically I want to get it done easier (So I don't lose track of what I programmed into each button and also get it done quicker)

The original remote is missing and has a lot of buttons and I don't even have the code sheet (Yes I am still messing with that RoadMaster RRDS100 LED sign Embarassed )

Thanks!
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 4:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are using Linux, you can use IrScrutinizer 1.3 and its /dev/lirc device (does not require Lirc, despite of the name).

If using Windows, I think you can use Eventghost, possibly also Kodi.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Mon Dec 19, 2016 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using Windows 7 and I am also using EventGhost for my multimedia controls on my keyboard and the RC6 media center remote

I was hoping for a JP1 friendly program though where I can just select a protocol and then an OBC or EFC and then transmit the IR command. The EventGhost window wants a Pronto code

Is there an easier way without having to program a remote and use the hardware I already have?

Here is the EventGhost transmit IR window showing that it wants a Pronto code
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

110220Volts wrote:

I was hoping for a JP1 friendly program though where I can just select a protocol and then an OBC or EFC and then transmit the IR command.

IrScrutinizer is such a program. It runs on Windows (among others). Problem is that it does not (currently?) support the MCE dongle on Windows.

Is there a possibility that you can get one of the supported sending hardware? Like this, IrToy, GlobalCache, etc.

In the long time run, it may be possible to have IrScrutinizer to talk to an EventGhost server, but that is a "project".

You can of course also use IrScrutinizer to generat hex code, and copy-paste it to EventGhost.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
You can of course also use IrScrutinizer to generate Pronto hex code, and copy-paste it to EventGhost.

That should be good enough to get him going.
120240VAC60HZ

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2016 9:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK I found a way to do what I wanted.

I used Remote Master to make an upgrade file with all 255 (I think there are only 255 possible codes please correct me if I am wrong) possible NEC1 codes and I then imported that into IrScrutinizer and then had IrScrutinizer export that into an LIRC remote file so I used WinLIRC to actually transmit the code using the Windows Media Center remote hardware.

I did not actually know what I was doing with IrScrutinizer but I got it to do what I wanted it to do with the other program I mentioned (WinLIRC)

So I do know it works as the LED on the IR blaster flashes when I click "Send Code" and the RoadMaster RRDS100 LED sign does acknowledge that a command has been sent but I do have to mess with it some more to see if I can actually program the sign.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: