JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Failed to open JP1.x interface

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 9:30 am    Post subject: Failed to open JP1.x interface Reply with quote

I've done all my JP1.2 work on my laptop. I had purchased a serial cable from Rob and used it with a Dynatex USB adaptor, and I've never had any trouble reading JP1.1, JP1.2 or JP1.3 using that cable. I'm not sure if it was a JP1.x or a JP1.2 cable, because I didn't pay any attention. Over the weekend I started setting up my new JP1.2 lab on a different computer. Since this computer had a serial port, I took off the adaptor and plugged it directly in to the COM1 serial port and I kept getting the "Failed to open JP1.x interface" message no matter what I tried to do. So I came into the office and downloaded the USB driver, connected it to my adaptor, and voile, my cable is once again reading JP1.1, JP1.2 and JP1.3 remotes.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vicky, did you check to see if the com port was active in both the bios and device manager? Also, it may be a different port number like com4.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have used other equipment connected to this serial port, and it always works as COM1. I plugged in some other serial device I had just to make sure the port wasn't damaged during transport, and that equipment responded as expected. I have not checked anything in the Bios, (is that the blue screen you get to before the windows starts?) But I'm assuming since other equip

Since I bought the USB adaptor specifically for this cable, this isn't really a problem for me. I just thought I'd mention it here. Actually since I have JP1.1, JP1.2 and JP1.3 remotes, this works out great.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 08, 2008 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh well, it sounds like your port is working and for some reason IR is not seeing it. I assume you tried both the serial and the usb-serial options.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: