JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xsight plus - EIG projector

View previous topic :: View next topic  
andypag

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 5:51 pm    Post subject: Xsight plus - EIG projector Reply with quote

I have an EUG projector (no, I've never heard of it either) and a Xsight Plus remote (which is on it's way to me in the post)

I opened up the EUG remote and printed on the circuit board is the following information

HD-7712
SYS CODE 08 F7
AZS-B45J-08 F7-A
KXD6122-S1

Is any of this useful for programming the Xsight to work the projector when it arrives.

I am a total newby. I've looked at RM software and couldn't really get my head around it (I couldn't find the "Device tab") so not sure if it will make more sense when the remote arrives and I plug it in to the laptop.

Thanks for your help. I'm sorry if the answer is RTFM, but I've spent a few hours on this forum trying to make sense of it all and I've drawn a bit of a blank.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you can't find a file in our file section for your projector brand (I can't either), then you will simply learn each command from the original remote. No need to use RM at all in this case. When you connect your remote, download from it in RM and the devices tab and others will magically appear.

Much of this and the linked tutorials will generally apply to your remote and to the device building process. You will build your device from your learns.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=Getting_started_with_Xsight_and_Nevo

Unless your original remote can connect to your PC in some way, the info on the circuit board is generally useless to us. The signals that come out of it are the important part since RM can analyze them and use that information to transform them in to data that any JP1 remote can use to reproduce them.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej's advice is the way to go. We can also say from these PCB markings that the remote uses the NEC IR protocol (the original NEC chip was a uDP6122, and KXD6122 is a Chinese version of that original chip). That's convenient: NEC is the most prevalent IR code, and Xsight Plus is well equipped to handle it. Probably the IR protocol is NEC1 Device 128.239, but the learned signals will tell us for sure.
andypag

PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantastic. Thanks. And thanks for your patience with the newby questions. The tutorial you mention is really useful, but I think it will make more sense when the device is actually connected.

Is there any risk of irreparably altering the XSight if I play around with the RM settings? Or is all I risk losing the time spent learning commands I teach it? Can I just factory reset and start all over again in a worst case?

I was a bit worried because I couldn't find another one of my remotes, for an ageing Sony Amp/Receiver (STR-DE485E). It's disappearance sent me on to Ebay, where I found the Xsight Plus (there's another one on there for £8.99 if anyone is interested - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/112209428989), so I was counting on it being searchable, but I just found the original Sony remote under the couch. Where else? I looked there already 3 times, I swear.

It's going to be so much easier having just one remote to work all these boxes. Looking forward to learning how to make the macros work.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2016 11:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't recall anyone bricking an Xsight Plus, so chances are you're pretty safe. Download and save often. You can save as many different configs as you wish. I try to save a backup before any major changes in case I mess something up.
andypag

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FYI. I've had real trouble learning this remote to the Xsight. Although the Xsight says it has captured each command, when I try to use it it hasn't. So far I've managed to learn the power button, and the up button. There is no red signal-transmission light on the screen when I press the buttons that haven't worked, so I'm guessing the Xsight isn't really capturing them even though it says it is.

I replaced the batteries in the original remote and that helped. At one point I learned the menu button but that was by keeping it pressed during the learning process. Then when I tried to use the button it toggled the menu on and off very quickly, sometimes leaving it on, sometimes not. I tried to get a better go at it, but since then I've not managed to relearn it at all.

I tried in a darkened room, and with the remotes close by and far away. So I'm making do with just the up and the on/off commands for now. But I hope there's a better solution.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you aim at the bottom of the Xsight, not the top, and hold the source remote's button the whole time.

If you have Remote Master working, upload from your remote and post your file here so we can have a look.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=user_upload&cat_id=35
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2016 10:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure you are doing the learning process correctly? Read this to be sure...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/wiki/index.php?title=The_Correct_Learning_Procedure

If you did successfully learn a couple of buttons, does RMIR tell you what protocol and device codes they use?

My hunch is that it is an NEC1 signal and you are pressing the teaching remote button before the learning remote button, so you are just capturing the end of the signal, which is useless by itself.
andypag

PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2016 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. The remote tells you on the screen what order to press the keys. It's pretty unambiguous, and I've been able to learn commands from other remotes, so I don't think it's my technique, but always open to suggestions.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14292

Here's the upload. The Projector is the one that's causing problem. Most of the commands on it are the default from the code that OFA suggested, but none of them worked. So I tried teaching a few which I think overwrites the ones I tried. Of those, the only two that work are power on/off, and the up arrow.

Grateful for any suggestions.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: