JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Mitsubishi air conditioner MSZ-FH25VE / SG15C

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TiceRex

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Mitsubishi air conditioner MSZ-FH25VE / SG15C Reply with quote

1. Device: Mitsubishi MSZ-FH25VE2
2. Type of device: air conditioner
3. Year: 2016
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: 8350
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? Yes (SG15C)
7. Checked the file section? Yes (no Mitsubishi air conditioners)
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? RMIR says "Gap-414-1257-83?"
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes
12. If you have a Nevo (or similar) remote, have you tried ez-rc.com or simpleset.com? n/a

Sorry, I have no experience investigating new or unknown protocols. Sad
I don't know what to do with this "Gap..." protocol.
Could anybody help me, please?

This remote has a memory function, I suspect that the all the codes are discrete ones. E.g. pressing the Fan button, it actually sends the next fan speed code, not just "increase fan speed". Also, I suspect that this remote sends all the settings at once - we have four indoor units, if we power on one of them with specific settings, and then power on another unit with the same remote control, all the settings are inherited from the first unit.
I don't know how is it implemented in the codes...

I've uploaded the learned codes and the raw download file to the Files / Diagnosis area.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14272
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14273

Thank you very much in advance,
Tice
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2016 11:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Mitsubishi Air Conditioner codes are known. They are 18 bytes (144 bits) long and follow the rules of the Kaseikyo class of IR protocols, using the Mitsubishi OEM numbers. As you suggest, each IR signal contains all of the information necessary to set the configuration of a unit.

I checked your learns, but they are only 84 bits long, which is probably a limitation of your remote. However, these first 84 bits do correspond exactly to the expected bits for Mitsubisu AirCons.

We don't have an executor to send these signals. Note that 10 of the bytes vary among the signals, while 8 are fixed. I doubt that RMIR is capable of describing a 10 byte OBC, although I haven't tried it. In any case, unless you're interested in sending just a few signals with already determined temperatures and all other parameters, it isn't really practical to use one of our remotes to control these air conditioners. We don't have a way to store the various parameters.
TiceRex

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2016 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, I didn't know about this project before.

My first thought was to assemble a few codes for the frequently used settings, and put them in the universal remote. But as you wrote, it's much more practical to use the original remote.

Thank you anyway!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: