JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

It's finally happened...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sweh

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: It's finally happened... Reply with quote

I've finally worn out my last 8811 remote. I have 4 of them (bought 2 in 2002 and 2 more in 2009), and the keys on all of them have finally started failing.

So it looks like I might be in the market for the "next best thing".

I've tried a Nevo C2, but I don't really like it. And the lack of extender (shift keys and toadtog) make it really nasty. I'm used to be able to press "home theater"+"sat" to run a macro that turns on TV, receiver, TiVo and sets the inputs correct. I know the Nevo has activities, but that requires looking at the screen to back out of menus, select other menus... not something that can be done by touch alone. And even then the lack of toggles means I can't have a "sleep" button that turns off everything.

With 14 years of using the 8811 I've pretty much got used to it. What remotes are similar?

In the mean time I have two "new in box" 15-2104's... it only has 6 device buttons (I need 7) but I can probably get it to work!
xnappo
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2016 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a box full of Atlas 1056 B01s. Will ship you some just at shipping charge.

They have extenders, back light and plenty of keys. Only 5 real devices though.

It did take my a while to get used to the Nevo screen, but I wouldn't go back now.
sweh

PostPosted: Tue Oct 11, 2016 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Smile I've PM'd you to see what we can work out!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: