JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Xsight Lite RC6-MCE

View previous topic :: View next topic  
henfri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:13 pm    Post subject: Xsight Lite RC6-MCE Reply with quote

Hello,

I spent lots of time to get my Xsight Lite to send RC6 codes of the Microsoft MCE Remote.
I am trying to receive these signals with linux with ir-keytable and this Key-Map:
https://github.com/yavdr/yavdr-remote/blob/master/rc_keymaps/rc-rc6-mce

Can someone tell me, how to get MCE compatible RC6 code fitting to this Key-Map out of the Xsight Lite?

I really appreciate your help and work. I am amazed by RMIR.

Greetings,
Hendrik
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This already has all those codes. Download it, then in RMIR, go to Devices, New, Open (browse to downloaded file), adjust Buttons and/or Layout as desired, OK.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=11769
henfri

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

wow, thanks for your fast answer.
I have uploaded the file to my remote with RMIR. Unfortunately, I still get no output of the remote in Linux.
With the original Remote (which is a Thermaltake-MediaLab) I do get an Output.

I am a bit out of ideas.

Greetings,
Hendrik
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 19, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do you know that remote is really RC6?

The Xsight Lite should be able to learn from that remote. Learn a few commands, post your RMIR file, and we can match it exactly.

EDIT: Learning procedure is on page 31 of the manual:
http://www.oneforall.com/downloads/dl/file/id/128/urc8610_manual_all_languages.pdf

EDIT2: That's probably using iMon-Pad commands. Try searching for that device and using the built in code first.

EDIT3: Try this iMon file from OFA:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14206
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Sep 21, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So did that file work or not? If not, post a few learns.
henfri

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for the late answer.
The file does seem to reproduce the remote very well. Thanks again. That's remarkable!

I still wonder though, why I cannot reproduce these codes https://github.com/yavdr/yavdr-remote/blob/master/rc_keymaps/rc-rc6-mce
But well, that's ok.

Is there a way to still use the web-based configuration for me? Or am I now tied to RMIR (when starting from scratch I'd prefer RMIR, but I have already learned the web-based configuration, whereas I am new to RMIR)

Greetings,
Hendrik
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 25, 2016 3:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should be able to continue using EZ-RC. Just choose upload the next time you connect.

You can definitely reproduce the codes you linked. The Echo upgrade I posted is an exact match and reproduces them perfectly.

The problem is that your Thermaltake is designed to use iMon-Pad protocol, not MCE. If you must use MCE, then get one of the following IR dongles: Microsoft, HP, Lenovo, Rosewill, FLIRC.

I don't know where you got the idea that your device was MCE compatible. It never was and never will be. IR devices for PCs use many different protocols (MCE, NEC1, iMon-Pad, Ortek, etc.), but not one is compatible with any other. Each device only functions with the protocol it was designed to use. The only universal IR receiver for a PC is the FLIRC. It can be programmed to recognize almost any protocol.
henfri

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
thanks for your reply!
I would have thought, that EC-RC does overwrite the Profile I got through RMIR?

Regarding the Device
I think the device should be MCE Compatible:
Code:
root@vdr:/lib/udev/rc_keymaps# ir-keytable
Found /sys/class/rc/rc0/ (/dev/input/event16) with:
   Driver imon, table rc-imon-pad
   Supported protocols: RC-6 other
   Enabled protocols: RC-6

Greetings,
Hendrik[/code]
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 01, 2016 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have the choice to overwrite from EZ-RC to your remote or overwrite EZ-RC from your remote when you connect to EZ-RC.

You have the correct MCE codes (MCE is a type of RC6, but not the only one). So your remote is working perfectly. You need to troubleshoot the computer side if it is not recognizing good codes.

According to your actual experience, your computer recognizes only imon-pad codes and ignores RC6 codes.

I can't help you troubleshoot linux. Maybe there is an imon-pad forum that could help.
henfri

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

thanks.
>You have the choice to overwrite from EZ-RC to your remote or overwrite EZ-RC from your remote when you connect to EZ-RC.

But for this, I would need to know how to use these codes (http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14206) from within EC-RC, right?

I mean: I'd like to use these codes, but all other remotes, I would like to setup with EC-RC. But using EC-RC would overwrite anything that I do with RMIR, wouldn't it?

Greetings,
Hendrik
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Oct 02, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You are correct that it is impossible to load our codes using EZ-RC. But after you load them with RM, you can edit you new config in EZ-RC. People don't normally do that, but you can if you want. Obviously you can never edit function codes or protocols in EZ-RC. That's why RM was invented.

In EZ-RC the new devices you loaded from RM will appear. And you can move the buttons around, add to activities, write macros, etc., just as you would with any other device.

I find EZ-RC to be very limited, slow and cumbersome. I never use it. But if you like it, you can continue using it by all means. Be aware that switching from EZ-RC to RM often may corrupt your config eventually.
henfri

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2016 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,

I was not aware, that is possible. Thanks!

In fact, I think it is just a matter of being used to EZ-RC (I don't like it, but I am quicker with it, as I am further up the learning curve Wink

Greetings,
Hendrik
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: