JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Request help on Inspur_STB-9832C6 remote code
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cc0428

PostPosted: Sun Jul 03, 2016 9:15 pm    Post subject: Request help on Inspur_STB-9832C6 remote code Reply with quote

Hi

I have a latest Inspur_STB-9832C6 STB for my cable TV. I have tried the code which downloaded from JP1 Forum. The code was for Inspur_STB-9832C , which including S1376_PL.BIN. The code is working for switching channels , however the most important one is not working - the "power on/off " button. The STB will went into standby mode even I try not to Power ON the STB. therefore I need the "power on/off" switch working in order to use the Slingbox properly. Could anyone help me on this remote code. Thank you very much
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you try the one I uploaded at http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=13881 ?
cc0428

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yes, I did try this one. This one is not working at all on STB-9832C6 , even for changing the channels.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I have now checked these files and the V2010_PL and the S1376_PL files are identical, so I can only assume you didn't install the V2010_PL file correctly. And based on your reply you don't appear to have read the instructions in full so I am not surprised.

However, that is academic as they both use the same code (220) for Power Toggle so mine would exhibit the same symptom.

Unfortunately you don't tell us whether that button switches the device off when it is on, but I suspect it will.

Which probably means that when your in Standby then the box requires a 'long press' of the Power button to work, and the Slingbox does not support that.

Seems odd though, as those Custom Remotes have been downloaded over 100 times and you are the first person to mention this.
chuliu

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi alan.
In fact cc0428 asked me to help to make a bin file for him.
I took a look at his sling box and found out that power button doesn't work to power off the stb. I didn't know if it worked to power it on because the stb was on at the time I tested it. I also found that only the numeric buttons and the arrows keys, up, down, left, and right, as well as select were working.

I spent some time looking through jp master xls file and downloaded a lot of nec1 1 and 253 bin files. For power button, either 220, 17, or 196 were used. I cannot power it off with either of the three. cc0428 is sending his remote to me and I hope to find out what code it is for power. I hope it is not like you said one needs to long press power to power on or off.
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fingers crossed
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Jul 05, 2016 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If it is something that needs a long hold please make sure you get my attention and we can write a custom protocol that holds for the slingbox.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
cc0428

PostPosted: Wed Jul 06, 2016 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will mail the remote controller to Chuliu , and let him figure out what is the correct code for that power button. by the way , it can't power on the STB as well while it is on"power off" mode or "standby" mode. I have mail a .conf file which is the create by "Digizon BOX" (similar to slingbox). It will learn the remote button function. and It is working when I used on Digizon virtual remote controller. however the code on that ".conf" file for power button is a very long code (1625A041801C3F3F1F0080DC41...........) , looks like it recorded it as wave form. I am not sure about it. If you believe that code is useful. then I can put that file on google drive or mail it to you .
cc0428

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 1:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried to use my Arduino box to capture the IR code with IrScrutinizer as Chuliu suggested. It require to load the Girslite on Arduino. however I got problem with that. it keep shows

Quote:
GirsLite.cpp:1: error: 'src' does not name a type

src/Girs/Girs.cpp

#it was original ../Girs/Girs.app on the Girs.app file as suggested on the web it needs to change to src if i am using windows

i was on the windows version.

Anyway. then I tried to use other tools, I used Arduino-IRremote which from https://github.com/z3t0/Arduino-IRremote . and it is working. I got the IR code for power button as below:

type: sony
code:8050A60C
32 bits

not sure how to convert it into OBC EFC HEX for slingbox PL file to uesd . If I use "irdump" , I got some raw data as well but still not sure how to convert it. If those information is not useful then I will mail the remote to Chuliu and let him use other devices to get the correct code
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2016 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cc0428 wrote:
I tried to use my Arduino box to capture the IR code with IrScrutinizer as Chuliu suggested. It require to load the Girslite on Arduino. however I got problem with that. it keep shows

Quote:
GirsLite.cpp:1: error: 'src' does not name a type

src/Girs/Girs.cpp

#it was original ../Girs/Girs.app on the Girs.app file as suggested on the web it needs to change to src if i am using windows

i was on the windows version.

Somehow this appears out of context...?? Anyhow, the problem you have is described here (at "Window users beware"). The solution, as given there is to replace ...\GirsLite\GirsLite.cpp by ...\Girs\Girs.cpp. Windows and Git are not very good friends...
cc0428

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 7:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barf

Thank you for your advise on Windows version problem, however I still can't make it work. therefore I tried to build it on linux, however still no luck, I got the message Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno. and error is regarding the quote below:
Quote:
/home/charlie/Downloads/arduino-1.6.9/libraries/src/LiquidCrystal_I2C.cpp:6:2: error: #error This file is not for the Arduino. #error This file is not for the Arduino.

I think it might be the problem regarding the working path or something.Do you know is there any working VM image that I can test with ?

Thank you
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cc0428 wrote:
Hi Barf

Thank you for your advise on Windows version problem, however I still can't make it work.

... which means that the first problem was solved...?

Quote:

therefore I tried to build it on linux, however still no luck, I got the message Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno. and error is regarding the quote below:
Quote:
/home/charlie/Downloads/arduino-1.6.9/libraries/src/LiquidCrystal_I2C.cpp:6:2: error: #error This file is not for the Arduino. #error This file is not for the Arduino.

I am not 100% sure, but it appears as you did not follow the instructions (getting the https://github.com/marcoschwartz/LiquidCrystal_I2C library), but instead copied my LcdI2C-sim into your Arduino libraries folder. As the error messages says, this is not intended for compiling for the Arduino (but on a PC for testing). Try again with the correct LiquidCrystal_I2C.
chuliu

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
cc0428 wrote:
Hi Barf

Thank you for your advise on Windows version problem, however I still can't make it work.

... which means that the first problem was solved...?

Quote:

therefore I tried to build it on linux, however still no luck, I got the message Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno. and error is regarding the quote below:
Quote:

I am not 100% sure, but it appears as you did not follow the instructions (getting the https://github.com/marcoschwartz/LiquidCrystal_I2C library), but instead copied my LcdI2C-sim into your Arduino libraries folder. As the error messages says, this is not intended for compiling for the Arduino (but on a PC for testing). Try again with the correct LiquidCrystal_I2C.

Barf, I think his first problem with windows and arduino is not solved.
That's why he tried to run it under linux.
If ardunio can run under windows for cc0428, then his doesn't need to run it under linux. Barf, can you please help cc0428 to run arduino under windows, as I think it should be easier for him.

@cc0248: can you post the error message you get now on windows when you compile? So we can try to see what is wrong.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 1:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

chuliu wrote:
Barf, can you please help cc0428 to run arduino under windows, as I think it should be easier for him.

I previously wrote
Quote:

The solution, as given there is to replace ...\GirsLite\GirsLite.cpp by ...\Girs\Girs.cpp.

to which I got no sensible reply, just

Quote:
I still can't make it work.
cc0428

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Barf

Sorry that I didn't described clearly regarding the problems. I finally got the Arduino working on the windows . The problem that cause it is not working is due to the src\GirsLite\GirsLite.cpp, I thought I have to delete the contents of the GirsLite.cpp "../Girs/Girs.cpp" then put the new code "src\Girs\Girs.cpp" then save as new file. Then I finally realized instead changing the code of the file , that I should replace that GiirsLite.cpp by "Girs.cpp". now the IrScrutinizer is working. Thank you

Now I can start to capture the IR signal. however when I capture it on the STB-9832C6 remote, it shows no decode. but if i tried other remote controller (TV) it will give me some information. such as NECx ..... not quiet sure about the IR code that i captured on STB-9832C6 remote. https://goo.gl/SLFOwB is the information on the "powerbutton" that captured. could you check it for me whether it is an valid code to used. Thank you
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Slingbox All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: