JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Replacing a URC8910 that died

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Larry Legg

PostPosted: Tue Aug 26, 2008 8:27 pm    Post subject: Replacing a URC8910 that died Reply with quote

My URC8910 died tonight. I have all programed files on archive. I also have a serial interface cable that worked great—all was wonderful until...

What is the best bang for the buck replacement for the URC8910 remote that will accept my JP1 cable and archived codes?

Thanks,

Larry
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can still buy 8910's online. 8910's are getting scarce, as are all the remotes that use the JP1 interface. The remotes that are currently available are the JP1.2 and JP1.3 remotes. These remotes don't use the old interface. They use the newer JP1.2 interface.

I think the new RS JP1.3 and the OneForAll JP1.2 remotes are "uninspired" when it comes to design. There is one that looks like the 8910 though, but the case needs to have modifications to allow connection to the computer.

If I were you, I think I'd hunt down a few urc-8910s.
underquark
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 1:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or, although also scarce, the 9910 is like the 8910 but with RF (which you don't need to use) as well as IR. When you say that it died, is there any other information that might help someone here help you?
Larry Legg

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The remote just lost power. No LED or red backlight... nothing. Tried 2 sets of batteries—nada.
irs009

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It could be something as simple as stretching the springs that make contact with the negative ends of the batteries, or maybe cleaning the positive pads that make contact with the positive ends of the batteries.

Good luck.
Larry Legg

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I feel real stupid. I put new batteries in without having my glasses on. One of the batteries was backwards... Ugh!!! I turned it around and it works fine.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: