JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Error Saving File

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mlibbey

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 5:19 pm    Post subject: Error Saving File Reply with quote

Hi Folks-
I have the xSight remote, and have been loving RemoteMaster. I just upgraded to RemoteMaster v2.03 build 14, but this issue was showing in build 12 too.

I've had my remote settings for about a month, but, realized that my Volume Punch Through was not working after using one of the Macros (RM== "activities"). So, loaded up the saved file (also tried downloading from the remote), went to the Activities Tab; Chose the offending Activity; Clicked New under Sound Assist, and chose the appropriate component ("Receiver"). Then went to save the file (as a different name, just in case), and given an error message, "Error saving file xsight1.rmir". A file is still created, but, when loaded the Activities Tab is completely grey -- all activities are gone.

I've tried these variations:
- upgraded to lasted app.
- loaded from saved file
- downloaded settings from remote

If I don't change the Activities tab, and just do a Save As, the file gets saved... using that file as a base, and re-trying the Sound Assist, results in the same error.
This link has my:
- original rmir file
- the rmaster.err file
- the file that gets saved out (when the alert dialog appears).

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=14085

From the About page:
Interfaces:
JP1.X Serial version 0.20
CommHID version 0.4
JPS version 0.1
System Properties:
java.version = "1.8.0_71"
java.vendor = "Oracle Corporation"
os.name = "Mac OS X"
os.arch = "x86_64"
Libraries loaded from [path here]/RemoteMaster.v2.03build12/Mac OS X-x86_64
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mlibbey wrote:
So, loaded up the saved file (also tried downloading from the remote), went to the Activities Tab; Chose the offending Activity; Clicked New under Sound Assist, and chose the appropriate component ("Receiver").

After choosing the component, "Receiver", you also have to choose the function you want Sound Assist to send to the receiver. If you leave the function empty, which it is after simply selecting the component, you will get this error. So try choosing a function as well.

It is a bug that the function starts out blank rather than showing a default value, but if you set the required function then all should be well. I will try to set a default value in the next release, to prevent this happening in future.
mlibbey

PostPosted: Sat May 28, 2016 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mathdon wrote:

After choosing the component, "Receiver", you also have to choose the function you want Sound Assist to send to the receiver. If you leave the function empty, which it is after simply selecting the component, you will get this error. So try choosing a function as well.

Looks like only 1 assist can be selected in the Sound Assist area. Which function should be chosen? Volume Up or Volume Down?

Or, am I doing something else bizarre... My end goal is to have the Volume Lock apply (or have the device that has the Volume Lock control the Volume) after the Activity finishes.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Assists are pretty worthless. They don't do what you think. Leave them all blank. Just use the vol checkbox at the bottom. That's the volume lock.
mlibbey

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2016 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

mdavej wrote:
Assists are pretty worthless. They don't do what you think. Leave them all blank. Just use the vol checkbox at the bottom. That's the volume lock.

Oh! The Activity Group Assignment? That worked thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: