JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Anyone have a Panasonic SA-XR25
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon is almost certainly right, the OEM remote is sending a third signal. Normally I would just tell you to try all the 256 EFCs that aren't yet accounted for, but I know your device uses several sub-devices, so that would mean testing all 256 EFCs for each sub-device, and you could still discover that the elusive command comes from yet another sub-device.

Did you check the various files to see if there's an entry for a function that could be the one you're looking for? Remember, unlike the other functions, this one doesn't have a name that was printed on the OEM button, so it would be up to the user to come up with his own name for it.

The one sure fire way to get the function though, is to go down to the store, like Jon suggested.
SemperFi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:36 pm    Post subject: Re: I got em all but Reply with quote

jon_armstrong wrote:

My guess is that it is not sending out both signals, rather, the two buttons pressed together sends out a third signal. If the real remote hardware/design experts don't disagree with that analysis, how about taking your 2104 down to the Circuit City where you bought the system and learn the simultaneous key press from the floor model.

I believe this was one technique that the "other" Rob used to collect his Sony commands now at his very impressive website. If that doesn't work ask at the RC OFA or Pronto forums for someone to learn the command and send you the IR or Pronto file.

That is something I haven't even considered jon. I may have to try those forums first since circuit city doesn't seem to keep track of the remotes too closely. If they did I would have one to use. Wink

I have not ever been to those forums. I will have to google them up to check them out.

Meanwhile I have another problem maybe someone can help me with. While pulling my hair out putting on codes, deleteing everything in site to make room etc. Now the volume punch through for my cable/sat button won't work. I had deleted the protocol for it since it is my tivo and it wasn't built in. I pasted the protocol back in for my tivo to get it working again. Well I deleted the device and pasted it back in and I have tivo control again but no vpt. Well I notice vpt got turned off somehow. I turned it back on still no worky. I turned it back off and reupload then turned on and upload again still no joy. Ideas?

I have considered starting over from out of the box config. Is there a code to do a hard reset or should I upload my out of box config to do this?
SemperFi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 18, 2004 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
Jon is almost certainly right, the OEM remote is sending a third signal. Normally I would just tell you to try all the 256 EFCs that aren't yet accounted for, but I know your device uses several sub-devices, so that would mean testing all 256 EFCs for each sub-device, and you could still discover that the elusive command comes from yet another sub-device.

Did you check the various files to see if there's an entry for a function that could be the one you're looking for? Remember, unlike the other functions, this one doesn't have a name that was printed on the OEM button, so it would be up to the user to come up with his own name for it.

The one sure fire way to get the function though, is to go down to the store, like Jon suggested.

I may just try that rob. It does use 4 sub devices but I could probobly run through them in the same amount of time it would take me to get to CC. The one that was close to me moved out.

Just to be clear let me ask this. The device I have is made up of 4 subcodes using device combiner protocol. In order to try all 256 codes I should make a device using one of panasonic codes then run through all of the efc's. I do this for each set until I find what I am looking for. Is that correct?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi wrote:
Just to be clear let me ask this. The device I have is made up of 4 subcodes using device combiner protocol. In order to try all 256 codes I should make a device using one of panasonic codes then run through all of the efc's. I do this for each set until I find what I am looking for. Is that correct?

Well, first off, you don't need to be using the Device Combiner protocol, you can use one of the Panasonic combo protocols, but to answer your question, yes, it's probably easier to create 4 individual upgrades that use each of the 4 sub-device codes, then test the EFCs. You could do it the old fashioned way, which is known as the SETUP+nnn method (ie, you press and release SETUP, then you type in the 3 digit code), but I think it's a better idea to assign all the unknown EFCs to buttons as part of an upgrade and then test the buttons.
SemperFi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I took my remote to work with me today since I didn't think I would be working all day. I went to CC to get the codes. Well they didn't have a remote for the amp either. So It looks like it is find the code the old fashond way for me.

Rob the upgrade I downloaded from yahoo is using the device combiner. Should I change it to panasonic combo? That should be the only thing I have to change correct? What is the difference between combo and combo 2? Trying to figure out which one to use.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not that simple. Could you post a link to the file you downloaded and I'll take a look at it.
SemperFi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/3.%20Device%20Codes/Audio/Panasonic_SA-HE200c7%2B.txt

I think I got the link right if not it is in the files>audio section the upgrade is the panasonic sa-he200. The second listing for panasonic in the section.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 4:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi wrote:
I think I got the link right ....

Nope, you didn't, but I fixed it for you, read the following thread for info on how to post links to Yahoo files:

Posting links to Yahoo files

It's a sticky in the main forum.
SemperFi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
SemperFi wrote:
I think I got the link right ....

Nope, you didn't, but I fixed it for you, read the following thread for info on how to post links to Yahoo files:

Posting links to Yahoo files

It's a sticky in the main forum.

Sorry about that. I knew I saw it somewhere. I have left this window open and just refresh it when I recieve an email.

If it is better to use the panasonic combo I can build one from scratch. I have all of the info I need from the file I have and the one I am currently trying to find. It isn't like I have all the work done the hardest part I have like the efc and sub protocols.

Do you have any suggestions on why my VPT doesn't work anymore?

BTW have I said thanks for your help? Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have converted the file you posted. I have created a new version that uses the panasonic combo protocol instead, here it is: Panasonic_SA-HE200.txt

I don't recall what problems you were having with VPT, but it usually breaks when you program a setup code to a device button that isn't using the button's native device mode. For example, if you create this upgrade using CBL mode (as the file you posted is using) and then assign it to a device button other than the CBL button, that would break VPT.
SemperFi

PostPosted: Fri Mar 19, 2004 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhh. I have the tivo on the cable sat button and it is using vcr because of the need for the play buttons. As I remember now I had keymoved them and probobly deleted them when I needed the memory last night. Thanks for clearing that up.

Well I have went through all of the efc's on all four subcodes and none bring up the the setup mode I am looking for. <sigh> Anybody have a quarter stick of dynomite? Wink

Well someone posted a panasonic code that had 7 subcodes in it I guess I will try the other 3. If that doesn't work I guess I will have to buy the remote from panasonic. Just what I need another remote laying around collecting dust. I really like the HT system but the remotes that come with it are total crap.

Thanks for the converted file rob. May I ask why it is better to use the panasonic combo instead of the combiner? I am assuming it is less memory use but would like to know for sure.
bwade_913

PostPosted: Thu May 06, 2004 5:35 pm    Post subject: Anyone have a Panasonic SA-XR25 Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
I have converted the file you posted. I have created a new version that uses the panasonic combo protocol instead, here it is: Panasonic_SA-HE200.txt

I have an SA-XR25 and the Panasonic_SA-HE200.txt upgrade works fine for my purposes. Thanks! It supports the DVD button which isn't available in the 1518 device. I also have the factory remote, so I can help out the OP if there are some functions he's still trying to figure out.

Bret (newbie)

My configuration:

RS 15-2117 controling:
Panasonic SA-XR25 AV receiver using device key macros
Sony DirecTivo using JP1 upgrade
MythTV box w/ Liteon SK-7551 IR keyboard -upgrade (Airboard-KM-All Commands.txt )
PANASONIC DMR-E55K DVD recorder - no upgrade needed
SemperFi

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2004 10:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bwade_913 Wow that is so cooool. Yes I need the info for the combination of buttons for the setup menu. When you press the input selector and band at the same time. Page 10 of the manual if you have it laying around.

You don't have to make a file and upload at the yahoo files site. If you just learn the command on your jp1 the load download from the remote in IR then in the learned signals tab. Select the button you programed and give me the protocol, device, sub device, etc. That will get me everything I need. That is the only one I couldn't find. You get me that and I will upload a file to the yahoo files section.

Man I haven't checked back in a while been pretty busy. I don't remember getting an alert in email. I went to CC to see if they got a remote in so I could learn the signal. Well they don't even have it on the shelf anymore. I just found out sears was clearancing them also. I just wish I knew they carried them about a month ago. So I went there today both stores were out of the sa-xr25 and not getting anymore. I do have one more store to check. I think their foot traffic is quite lower. Which is a good thing. Wink

You just made my day, bwade. I was figuring on tracing down where to order one just so I could find the function. I just hope you check back more regular than me. Laughing
bwade_913

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SemperFi wrote:
bwade_913 Wow that is so cooool. Yes I need the info for the combination of buttons for the setup menu. When you press the input selector and band at the same time. Page 10 of the manual if you have it laying around.

Hi SemperFi,

Sorry to take so long to check back. I may be missing something, but the input selector and band buttons are on the front panel of the receiver, not on the remote. It doesn't appear to me that the remote is involved in the setup process. Let me know if there's any thing else I can do.

Cheers,
Bret
adamwh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2004 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also just picked up one of these open-box without remote. I haven't played with it very long, but so far the only button I'm looking for that I haven't found is the "Stereo/2CH MIX" button. What I'm trying to do is disable all surround modes and just listen to the unprocessed stereo signal. Any thoughts?

Adam
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3

Jump to: