JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Drivers (Resolved)

View previous topic :: View next topic  
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:41 pm    Post subject: Drivers (Resolved) Reply with quote

I am changing computers and I'm having a hard time finding the drivers, and knowing which drivers to choose.

The "new" computer is Windows XP Media Center running on a 64 Bit computer.

So if the operating system is 32, but the computer is 64 which versions of the drivers do I need.

I have a

JP1 EEPROM USB Cable, Delcom Chip
JP1.x Serial cable
IR Widget to install.

Last edited by vickyg2003 on Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:02 pm; edited 1 time in total
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 8:59 pm    Post subject: Re: Drivers Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
So if the operating system is 32, but the computer is 64 which versions of the drivers do I need?

You'd use the same bit width as the operating system. If you were using the 64-bit os and computer then you'd use the 64-bit drivers. Otherwise you'd be running a 64-bit computer with a 32 bit extension and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an 8 bit operating system originally coded for a 4 bit microprossessor, written by a 2 bit company that can't stand 1 bit of competition.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks the 32 bit driver for the widget is working.

The USB JP1 is giving me fits. But it seems to me that is the one that everybody was having troubles with. And can't find any JP1.x drivers.

BTW I have an AMD processor
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, found the JP1.2 problem, was I didn't have the driver for the serial to usb converter. The JP1.2 cable doesn't need a driver, it just needs the dll included with IR.

So now its just my USB EEPROM cable that is not talking to the JP1 remotes on my AMD processor, and I think I just need to try all the drivers, because I remember all sorts of trouble with this one.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2011 10:01 pm    Post subject: Drivers Resolved Reply with quote

Well after trying every EEPROM driver we had, it turned out that the batteries were too weak. Doh Rolling Eyes They worked the remote but didn't have enough juice to run the interface. I have that cute little enercell Battery Tester in my JP1-kit, I should have pulled it out earlier, it would have saved me a lot of time and trouble. I'm back to the first driver I tried!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Hardware All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: