JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Have I come to the right place?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
smithgt

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:49 am    Post subject: Have I come to the right place? Reply with quote

I've just bought an One For All Xsight Touch and am looking for support etc from fellow users.

I used to own a Philips Promoto 930 many years ago, but haven't used it for quite some time.

So I've a little experience with the configuration of remotes.

Thanks
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even though that's a One For All, it's not JP1, so there's not much discussion about it over here (there was a little when Xsight first came out a few years ago). There are a few active threads at AVSForum and a great review and some discussion at RemoteCentral. I recently picked up one myself when they were around $50 at amazon (way down from the $250 MSRP). Not a bad remote, but much more difficult to program and fewer features than JP1 IMO. However, it looks good and is my family's preferred remote at the moment.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Jun 14, 2011 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes and no. You won't find more people in one place who are experts with "One For All" remotes anywhere else, but I don't think many of us are that familiar with the Xsight Touch as it's not JP1 compatible.

I actually have one and I've never used it.

Here's a couple of threads on them:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10481
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10018
aldaweb

PostPosted: Thu Oct 13, 2011 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just bought an XSight Lite (URC8610) as it was only a couple of pounds more than a 7557 (£22.99) - my 7555 power button has crapped out and I thought I'd bad flashed my 7780 (now rescued Smile )

It's not a touch screen and doesn't have shifted functions - they all have to go on the screen which means scrolling through with the up/down buttons.
There are some discrete codes in OFA's database though.

I see there was some USB sniffing from the web programming but any more progress?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

aldaweb wrote:
I see there was some USB sniffing from the web programming but any more progress?

No updates since 2009.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=79957#79957
madmalkav

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems to implement all the communication over an USB HID type device, so that part is quite standard. Also the Remotecontrol dll that seems to be the basis to the other ones comes with a tlb file that will be an easy entry point for disassembly for people with that set of skills. I'm not one of those.

I want to take a look to the temp files the software create on c:\windows\temp when I get some time, but I'm actually already involved in more stuff that I can handle.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Non-JP1 All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: