JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

We were hacked overnight

View previous topic :: View next topic  
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:42 am    Post subject: We were hacked overnight Reply with quote

So some of you might have had your Spam Blocker software get tripped earlier when the forum tried to re-direct you somewhere else, but I have fixed it now. Hopefully I found all the places where they put their code.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for fixing this Rob, the sight that they sent me to was a little frightening.

I wish the hacker/spammers would just leave us alone!

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The site I was sent to wasn't frightening, but my wife (who happened to be passing) wanted to know what the heck I was doing!
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:
The site I was sent to wasn't frightening, but my wife (who happened to be passing) wanted to know what the heck I was doing!

Laughing Probably the same site. Laughing
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:26 am    Post subject: Re: We were hacked overnight Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
So some of you might have had your Spam Blocker software get tripped earlier when the forum tried to re-direct you somewhere else, but I have fixed it now. Hopefully I found all the places where they put their code.

Actually my SPAM blocker didn't catch that since it wasn't an email. Though, the AVAST Web Shield blocked the site "www2.simplegjcleaner.rr.nu" due to the trojan named, "JS:FakeAV-HZ" on the page it was trying to connect.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 10:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have hacked the wiki too. Can't get anywhere without seeing things I'd rather not see.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
They have hacked the wiki too. Can't get anywhere without seeing things I'd rather not see.

Try Avast, I'm using the free version and once it detects the trojan it will block the destination link permanently allowing you to freely navigate through the wiki worry free.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've spent all day cleaning the wiki and I've got most of the stuff out, but obviously not all of it because when I go to the wiki page, I see it reference sweepstakesandcontestsinfo.com which is part of the hacked code.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks again for your efforts.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am using Norton 360 version 5, which identified the hack and blocked my access to the JP1 site, telling me that it was trying to access Fake AV Website 24. Indeed, because of the time difference between here (UK) and the US, I discovered the hack while Rob was still asleep and drew his attention to it.

Whatever is left of the hack in the Wiki is still enough to activate Norton 360. I cannot access the Wiki link at all. I get the same message from Norton and the browser shows I have been redirected to:

http:/ /www3.bustdy.in/?v2d3atte=mqfNl56pqZyYm%2BPdyLapWNinzbGnlpmqqKaUrqdmmlc%3D

(I've put a space between the two /'s so that it doesn't show as a hyperlink) So some users, like me, will be unable to use the Wiki until it has been fully cleaned.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 2:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can you guys try the wiki now and tell me if it's working for you. I don't see the tell-tale sign of the hacker's URL anymore when I try it.
mathdon
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've only had a quick look but it seems fine now and it didn't trigger Norton to block anything. Many thanks.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Web Site Issues All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: