JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

15-2116ex2 Macro on light button

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Fri Jan 30, 2004 8:58 pm    Post subject: 15-2116ex2 Macro on light button Reply with quote

I put a macro on the light button and it works just like I intended except that the original function of the light button also happens - that is the status of the backlight toggles each time I use it. Given that I am using the extender, I had expected that the original meaning for the button would not be automatic.

The only reference I found was here that leads me to believe that I can't avoid this.

What I really intend to do is to make the light button toggle a TV backlight (controlled by X-10) and then put the original remote light toggle somewhere else (like shift-light). If this can be done, can someone point me in the right direction please.
Herbie

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm curious, does the backlight timeout still function normally when you do this?

Just wondering...
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 3:29 pm    Post subject: Re: 15-2116ex2 Macro on light button Reply with quote

pH7_jp1 wrote:
What I really intend to do is to make the light button toggle a TV backlight (controlled by X-10) and then put the original remote light toggle somewhere else (like shift-light). If this can be done, can someone point me in the right direction please.

Why not reverse them and put the custom function on Shift-light?
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:
Quote:
Why not reverse them and put the custom function on Shift-light?

But that would be the simple way. I seldom try to do things the simple way. Wink

Actually, my reasoning was that I seldom use the remote's light and I expected that using the button to turn on/off the backlight for my TV would be the more common use (for me). I always try to make the normal length, unshifted press the most common use and shift or LKP the less used function.
Mark Pierson
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Feb 10, 2004 8:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

pH7_jp1 wrote:
I seldom try to do things the simple way.

I hear ya!!!

Unfortunately, the light button is handled as a special case internally (hard coded) and even the extender doesn't override that "feature".

On the other hand (and I'm not sure this will work either), you might try adding LIGHT to the end of your macro. That should toggle it back to the state it was in when you pressed it to begin with.
pH7_jp1

PostPosted: Wed Feb 11, 2004 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mark Pierson wrote:

On the other hand (and I'm not sure this will work either), you might try adding LIGHT to the end of your macro. That should toggle it back to the state it was in when you pressed it to begin with.

I tried this and the earlier suggestion. Adding a {light} command to the macro does not seem to help. I even tried DEV_SAT;{light};Dev_cancel just in case the {light} command was being repeated (because it is the last command of the macro). The light still toggled.

The other suggestion - to use shift-{light} as the location for my function didn't work either. Even if you press shift-{light} it still toggles the state of the remote's light.

I can always pick another button, it was just that the little light bulb icon was perfect for what I wanted the remote to do and would have helped with WAF. If I decide I really care enough, I can dig into modifying the extender - if only I had that much spare time.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: