JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Code for Polaroid DRA-1601a DVD-RW?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
phuddy_d

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:49 am    Post subject: Code for Polaroid DRA-1601a DVD-RW? Reply with quote

1. Device: Polaroid DRA-1601a
2. Type of device: Hard drive DVD-RW
3. Year: 2007
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: Dish IR/UHF Pro
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? No
6. Still have original remote? Yes
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? No
10. Learning remote question? n/a
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? {no answer}

Sorry if this is not the way to ask the question but this is the format laid out in the sticky. I have the Polaroid remote which works fine but I want to set the universal remote to work with the DVD-RW. Thanks.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry but this forum is for JP1 and other one-for-all type remotes. Your Dish remote is not such a remote, so we can't help you. Try posting at the Dish forum at satelliteguys.us.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The device isn't even in the Logitech Harmony Database http://www.logitech.com/harmony/components Sad
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 3:07 pm    Post subject: Re: Code for Polaroid DRA-1601a DVD-RW? Reply with quote

phuddy_d wrote:
1. Polaroid DRA-1601a
2, Hard drive DVD-RW
3. 2007
4. Dish IR/UHF Pro
5. No
6. Yes
7. Yes
8. Yes
9. No
10. N/A

Sorry if this is not the way to ask the question but this is the format laid out in the sticky. I have the Polaroid remote which works fine but I want to set the universal remote to work with the DVD-RW. Thanks.

Actually, the way you posted your answers was mentioned in the sticky post as a bad example of how to post them, so I have fixed your original post.

However, like mdavej mentioned, we can only help you here with "One For All" and other UEI remotes.
Barf
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not that I am going to defend the low quality of the original posting Confused but it appears to me that he is trying to control a device called "Polaroid DRA-1601a" using a "sane" remote. Spending a few seconds with the file search reveals that there are configuration files around for that device; according to those, it is a thingy controlled by NEC1-commands...
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Barf wrote:
Not that I am going to defend the low quality of the original posting Confused but it appears to me that he is trying to control a device called "Polaroid DRA-1601a" using a "sane" remote. Spending a few seconds with the file search reveals that there are configuration files around for that device; according to those, it is a thingy controlled by NEC1-commands...

What is a "sane" remote? It sounds like he wants to program his Dish remote, which is not a UEI remote.

However, we do indeed have an upgrade for the Polaroid here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=6617
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I couldn't figure out what a 'sane' remote was either, but in looking at the Dish remote, I think its a learning remote. So why doesn't he train the dish remote from the original?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I expect "sane" is a typo, but I can't guess what it's a typo for.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP took my advice and posted at satelliteguys. He has a Dish model 6.4 remote which unfortunately is not learning AFAIK. Newer Dish remotes like the 21.0 are learning. The advice he got over there was to buy a model 21.0 remote and learn.
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pfft... obviously a "sane" remote is not something you'd find inside of a mental ward wrapped up in a little straight jacket.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Sep 12, 2011 5:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eferz wrote:
Pfft... obviously a "sane" remote is not something you'd find inside of a mental ward wrapped up in a little straight jacket.

Thanks for clearing that up Earl! Cool
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: