JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Emerson ECC1450 tuner

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jesse0611

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:05 pm    Post subject: Emerson ECC1450 tuner Reply with quote

[EDIT]Split from here:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?p=98598#98598

Hi, Rob.

I tried to answer you yesterday, but I guess it didn't take so, one more time.

Yes, all is just fine.

Here are the codes learned from the ECC1450's Power Button...

Protocol NEC1
Device 0
OBC 31
Hex 07
EFC 250

Let me know if you need the whole thing.

Again, Thanks.

WAJ
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 6:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes please. NEC1 dev 0 is a very common code, it's used by a ton of devices. I think you have to pay NEC to get remote codes normally when you're making a device, but I think you can get the device 0 code for free, so it's very widely used.

In face, your URC-7800 has a NEC1 dev 0 code built into it, CBL/0040, so if you want to save some upgrade space, you could re-program your keymove to use CBL/0040 and then delete the upgrade that you created.
jesse0611

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 3:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, Rob.

Can't believe I actually did this, but I learned all the codes for the ECC1450 into IR, got them into RM and made an rmdu file. Reloaded it into a 7800 and it works as far as I will try it. Pardon that last part, but the fc and pc keys have something to do with parental lockouts and channel preferences and I remember, once long long ago, getting into trouble with those by locking myself out of the tuner altogether. And the manual, which was a bad xerox, is very sketchy on the topic and didn't help much. Don't remember quite how I got control back, but alcohol was involved. And mebbe that's why I don't remember.

As for the CBL/0040 code, I tried it and some keys do some stuff, so I guess I could do as you say to save upgrade memory, but I'm not going any further with this rig. Works like I want it to and there's memory to spare if I want to do other things. But thanks for that observation and the suggestion may come in handy in the future.

OK, so how do I upload this thing for your perusal and delectation?

Cheers.

WAJ
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Sep 01, 2011 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Waj. Follow the link to the file section at the top of this page to load the file.
jesse0611

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, the upgrade for the Emerson ECC1450 is uploaded. I see I used the wrong icon for the listing, but mebbe somebody can fix that or mebbe it won't confuse anybody. And how many of the nine of us in the entire universe that use this little beast, anymore, are gonna find their way here, anyway. But good to have the information stored someplace. You never know.

Rob, this has been a good education. In a few weeks I'm going to have to do some creative setup for a 7800 for my inlaws and this project has made it possible.

Thanks, much.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for loading the file. I fixed the icon and I also moved it to the Cable box folder as your description implies that that's what this box is. Is that correct?

I also checked the upgrade file itself and it looks fine.

Here's a link to the file for anyone else that wants to look at it:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9888
jesse0611

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi.

Thanks for the icon fix. Wasn't sure where to put it, exactly. The Cable Box section was labelled for boxes that were supplied by a cable company. The Misc section description included tv tuners, so I went with that one.

The thing is a tv tuner for use with NTSC broadcast or CATV analog cable that is not encoded in any way. So no HBO, Showtime, etc. It has a ch3/4 rf output and composite video and stereo/SAP audio.

It was not supplied by a cable company but was a commercial item. Got this one from MCM, maybe as long as 10 years ago. Back when I locked myself out it, I searched the web for info on it. It was obsolete by then, already, and it seemed that those who had anything to say about it in forums were using it as I was...just a cable box that was mine-all-mine and usually integrated into a big mess of other equipment in a viewing room.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess it's a toss-up to know where is the right place to put a box like this, but given that there is no more analog OTA signals in the States anymore, I guess it's just a cable box now.

The labeling of the main cable box folder was originally intended to differentiate it from the other folder for descrambler cheater boxes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: