JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

TCL L32HDM11 Remote Code
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkarell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: TCL L32HDM11 Remote Code Reply with quote

Need some help with this tv: I tried the remote upgrade code from the files section for another similar TCL tv, but it didn't work, and I tried it on an atlas DVR 1056 and radioshack 15-100. Tried to learn the remote using a radioshack 15-100, but learning always fails. Any help would be appreciated. I maybe doing something wrong. thanks
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its always easier for us to find problems if you post the files you are working with.

Are you using IR or RMIR?
Are you using KM?
Did you see that there was a protocol that was required to be added as well as the upgrade?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My guess is that he's using this upgrade file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9115
eferz
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 3:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
My guess is that he's using this upgrade file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9115

If it will help here is the ICT file as learned from the Harmony Remote with the TCL L32HDM11 device profile: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9872

Btw, is there a quick way to make a ICT file into an RMIR file?
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spot checked some of the buttons in the ICT file and they matched the ones in the original upgrade.
jkarell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robman, you were correct that was the file I was attempting to use. I don't know where i went wrong with it, I look for a tutorial and information on install and using the upgrade but came up short. Any help and guidance would be great! Thanks for putting up with my issues.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As already requested, please upload your Keymap Master or Remotes Master files as well as the IR file. Or, if you are using RMIR, please post the RMIR file. Go to File Section\ Diagnosis Area and click upload. The make a post here saying you've uploaded it, and preferable a link(s) to the uploaded files.

Trying to guess what may have gone wrong without this information is like looking for a needle in a small haystack.
jkarell

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Uploaded my RM file for you to look at. Any help is greatly appreciated, using two remotes for a tv and dvr isnt fun! thanks
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9874
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just for reference, that is a RMIR file, and it contains all the information about the upgrade and the rest of the remote. So it is just what I wanted.

We can also save RMDU files, sometimes referred to as a RM file, which contain just upgrades.

Anyway, your RMIR file has a device of 0 rather than 15. I don't know how to change that with Manual Settings (which are a convenience that eventually comes back to bite the community). So for temporary usage, in the Device Upgrade Editor (from the Devices tab), click on the Protocol box and scroll up to RCA 38. Then enter 15 as the device and watch the Fixed Data change from 0F to FF. I think this will work, for all device 15 functions. You can see in the notes that a few functions aren't on device 15.

I'm currently in the process of updating protocols.ini, and I will endeavor to change the RCA38 executor to a combo, or at least see what it costs in space,
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 10:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Even with that change in the ID, I don't get the same protocol data as jkarell if I start with the upgrade Rob linked. It's not only different data but also 7 bytes longer. Does he have a current protocols.ini?
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two TCL upgrades, with different executors. At least on a RCA RCRP05B, the steps I outlined give the correct signals. The one that jkarel has in his RMIR file is the non-combo version.

I'll check again that I didn't confuse the two while loading the remote.

ETA: Ah, you're right. He is actually using the combo executor. He also has two 01 FF executores loaded, and I'm not sure how to get rid of them. I'll look some more.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anyway, as near as I can tell using the RCA, the procedure I outlined will work.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 29, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Combo code lost all the devices. Byte 1 is supposed to be 4 bits. This revised file sends the correct devices for the codes that were assigned. Chanel is set to punch through to cable.

http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9875

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
jkarell

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 9:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Vickyg2003 I uploaded your file to my remote and it works perfectly! Where did I go wrong in all of this? I'd love to learn my mistake so I don't do it again! Thank you all for your help!
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Aug 30, 2011 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

jkarel,
I don't think you made a mistake. Simply loading the upgrade doesn't work for me either--the device information is lost.

BTW, just so it's clear, your TV uses the 38KHz version of the RCA IR protocol, mostly on device 15.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: