JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

xfinity comcast remote

View previous topic :: View next topic  
wwatkins

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 8:01 pm    Post subject: xfinity comcast remote Reply with quote

I am a newbi and need some help,

I need to reprogram my xfinity comcat remote model 1167. will this be the same as the comcast 1067?

Thanks in advance for the help.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello, welcome to our board.

I'm not sure what you are looking for here. I am guessing you don't have a jp1.3 cable. Chances are your remote is a 1076bx3. You can check the signature to be sure. The 1067B has a signature 0f 3039.

983 Blink Back

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
wwatkins

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: confused Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:
Hello, welcome to our board.

I'm not sure what you are looking for here. I am guessing you don't have a jp1.3 cable. Chances are your remote is a 1076bx3. You can check the signature to be sure. The 1067B has a signature 0f 3039.

983 Blink Back

I am considering buying a cable if it will do what I need. As a newbi I am confused when you say signature. I have no equipment so how do I check a signature?

I bought a Vizio Sound Bar VSB200 and want my Comcast/Xfinity remote to control it. The code is not native to the remote. The number inside the remote is 1167. Since it is a new remote I am assuming that it is a JP1.3 cable that is needed. I know I could probably buy a couple of the RCA remotes but heck whats the fun in that. If I buy the cable I can learn something new. Very Happy
greenough1

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi wwatkins,
Follow the link that vickyg provided, or these instructions which I cut and paste for you:

983: Remote Signature Blink Back

1. TAP the device, (TV, VCR, CABLE, etc.), button - RELEASE
2. PRESS and HOLD the SETUP button until the red LED flashes twice, then RELEASE.
3. TAP 9 - 8 - 3.
4. TAP 1, carefully COUNT the number of blinks. (1st digit)
5. TAP 2, carefully COUNT the number of blinks. (2nd digit)
6. TAP 3, carefully COUNT the number of blinks. (3rd digit)
7. TAP 4, carefully COUNT the number of blinks. (4th digit)

If the remote DOES NOT blink it means the number is 0. This is your signature code.

do this and post back the result.

Best,
jeff
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Aug 12, 2011 11:22 am    Post subject: Re: confused Reply with quote

wwatkins wrote:
I am considering buying a cable if it will do what I need. As a newbi I am confused when you say signature. I have no equipment so how do I check a signature?

There are many 1067 remotes. The signature tells us which firmware is in the remote. I was just having you do a blink back so we know exactly which remote you have.

Quote:

I bought a Vizio Sound Bar VSB200 and want my Comcast/Xfinity remote to control it. The code is not native to the remote. The number inside the remote is 1167. Since it is a new remote I am assuming that it is a JP1.3 cable that is needed. I know I could probably buy a couple of the RCA remotes but heck whats the fun in that. If I buy the cable I can learn something new. Very Happy

Well if you want to keep your mind active, there is a lot to learn here.

I think the Vizio Sound Bar has a Nec1 131.95 code set. There are not many remotes that have this code built in, but with a cable you can add your own.

Enjoy.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: