JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Looking to control 4 devices with RCA RCRP05B
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 8:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately, the procedure outlined by cauer29 won't actually work, because the NEC 4DEV Yamaha Combo executor isn't built into the RCRP05B (or any other remote). Setup code 0376 employs the NEC 4DEV Combo executor, and will stubbornly send the complement of the OBC, rather than the needed 7 bits of complement, regardless of what we tell RM. His outlined procedure will work for those functions with a form like 7A-1C (which is Mute), but not for 7A-4738 (HDMI1)

I do not currently know of a way to specify NEC1-y1 IR signals via manual entry of EFCs, although Vicky is trying to see if there may be away employing setup code 2061.

hdtec,
The format of the fixed data depends on the details of each executor, but for the 4DEV Combo, you can convert to device.subdevice numbers by handling each byte:
1) Reverse the bits, so that A1 becomes 85.
2) Complement 85 to become 7A
That's the device number.
The subdevice number is next, and is the complement of the device number (for 0376, all other 4DEV Combo executors have 0 in the fixed data.)
The Lookup Tool display format is applicable to many executors and so it calls the first subdevice Device 2. See how 122 is followed by 133, and these two numbers add up to 255. The Lookup Tool doesn't show the 3rd and 4th dev.sub numbers.
hdtec

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, cauer29, for the instructions, and 3FG for the explanation. I see how to derive those numbers and that step-by-step is pretty clear. However, if I can't use that process for the receiver HDMI1/AV4 codes, I am fine with teaching them to the RCA unless Vicky responds with some other process. In the meantime, I only really need to fill out the DVR functions before I can start using this remote day to day. What is the process for discovering the function codes for the Motorola? Is there a spreadsheet of codes similar to the one for the Yamaha? Or can I discover these directly through the Remote Master software? I can work on those and the playback controls for the TV and then decide what method to use for the receiver codes.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2011 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Download this upgrade file and apply the EFCs to 0476. You may also want to try 1376 first. It is a newer setup code.
hdtec

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the 1376 suggestion...it fixed pretty much every button that wasn't working right. Only ones that were missing were * (CC) and Options. I mapped Options to D with the EFC, and for some reason the EFC from the upgrade file wasn't working for * (CC) so I taught that to the RCA and it works great.

I still haven't done the D-pad for the Yamaha but I intend to use codes for that and will teach the input commands. I couldn't find an upgrade file for the Samsung TV - is there anywhere I can find codes for that or will they need to be taught? After that I'm pretty much done. I really appreciate everyone's detailed and quick help in this thread.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Samsung TVs have very stable codes, and you can use a recent upgrade.

Try the UE40B6000 LED TV
hdtec

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. I actually used setup code 1060, found from the LN52B750 upgrade file, and it setup every button properly except for left arrow. I fixed that with the EFC from that same file. I then went back and programmed the D-pad for the Yamaha with EFCs as well as taught the input commands. I'm all done! Thanks everyone for the help and I hope this thread can be a resource for others looking to get started with this remote.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: