JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

comcast HD box RNG110?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenough1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: comcast HD box RNG110? Reply with quote

Hi,
Just swapped out the old motorola cable box for a box with HDMI out. The "new" xfiinity boxes have a model number of RNG110 on the front. The lady at the comcast office said it's a Pace box, but I can't confirm this.

I'm looking for an upgrade to control this device, if one already exists. Searching the file section under pace or comcast didn't show an RNG110.

I'm currently on hold with comcast trying to get the box activated. I'll take a look at what they preloaded into the comcast remote when I get off of the phone, as I'm sure that'll help.

I do note that this box is *way* sluggish. (1 hour and still not activated, grr!).

Best,
jeff
greenough1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't seem to be able to dump the remote they gave me. It's a silver one like the 1057's, but my jp1.x cable is unable to dump it. I get a "failed to open JP1.X interface". The cable works for all my atlas 1056 OCAP's. I have an old serial cable, but no computer that can drive it.

The remote has a 6 pin header and says "1003" above it on the PCB. The sticker in the battery compartment says:
RC1475505/03MB 15483
CIFA No: 19100
Made in Indonesia COB
BS: 01 41103 027721 LF

I did verify that the RNG110 is a Pace box. I'll try an upgrade for another of the Cisco analog to digital converters and see it that works. You can find the manual for it by googling rng110, the pdf is the first link listed.

Best,
jeff

Last edited by greenough1 on Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
greenough1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:52 pm    Post subject: NEVERMIND... Reply with quote

Hi again,

It looks like this box responds to the Motorola commands. I just tried my atlas programmed for the moto box and it controls guide and channel changes just fine. That's all that's required.

Wierd I couldn't dump the new comcast remote.

Best,
jeff
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Silver Comcast remotes with a red OK/Select button are generally 1067BX3 remotes, and a couple of mine have 1003 written beside the connector.

Why not use a 983 command to blink back the signature? I guess it will be 3039.

Any chance you have the cable on backwards?
greenough1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 2:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi 3FG,
I'll blink it (the sig) back when I get home. I tried the cable both ways and with 2 sets of new batteries. I've got another 1067 comcast remote that I can access with no issues. This new one is just odd.

I looked on avsforum for RNG110 info. There're a couple of threads there. One implies that the IR protocol for this box is the same as that for the moto boxes (telling me something I've already found out Wink ).

Best,
jeff
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blink back the setup code too.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
greenough1

PostPosted: Wed Apr 13, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
The setup code on the cable key is 01376. The signature is 3039.
Best,
Jeff
chas6000

PostPosted: Fri Jul 22, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

greenough1 wrote:
Hi,
The setup code on the cable key is 01376. The signature is 3039.
Best,
Jeff

Hi Jeff,

I am very poor at this stuff, but could you point me to an upgrade that i can use with a JP1 remote to control this RNG110 box?

many thanks!
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are lots of upgrades here for Motorola boxes which use cable 1376 (or 01376). Here's one.

However, some RNG1X0 boxes only respond to the XMP IR protocol. In that case, try this.
chas6000

PostPosted: Sat Jul 23, 2011 7:06 am    Post subject: Thanks 3FG! Reply with quote

thanks for the help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: