JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

China G-box

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jkgtw

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: China G-box Reply with quote

Hi

I just got other TV box(G-box) and I don't know how to decode it?
remote's IR file:
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9695

Please help me decode to RM.

Thanks,
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure you have all your tools up to date. This is the XMP protocol and it requires the latest and greatest tools to accomplish the upgrade.

JP1 remotes do a very poor job of capturing XMP, since there are so many timing pairs to this hex based signal. You really need something like the widget to do a good capture, but Graham has done some mathematical gymnastics to try to figure out what the JP1 remote meant to record, but this is not always going to be correct. It will require some trial and error on your part.

From looking at the signals I can see these are XMP-1 style. If you widen the column called "protocol" you'll see a long hexidecimal number. The 00 at the end means the OBC is in the previous byte. That's what makes this xmp-1 instead of xmp-2. When I look at 02.ir I see the obc's for the up, down, left, right are 21h,22h,23h,24h.

Unfortunately that exhausts my xmp knowledge, you'll have to wait until 3fg or Rob chime in with the rest of this, or you can read the thread where the XMP protocol was discussed
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=10773

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try this...
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9697

If it doesn't work, try changing the device code from 26 to 27 (leaving the sub-device unchanged at 33)
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Rob, I see that you picked 26 or 27 for the 1A or 1B that followed the 44, but where does the 33 come from? I used to know 3fg explained this to me more than once, but I can't recall

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, 2011 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could see that the fixed data shows as either "2B 1F 44 1B" or "2A 1F 44 1A". Neither of these is really valid, it should be either "2B 1F 44 1A" or "2A 1F 44 1B" based on the checksum rules.

Anyway, you can see that the main device code comes from the 4th byte. The sub-device code is a combination of the 1st nibble and the 3rd nibble (ie, the 2 and the 1 in "2B 1F 44 1A". If you put them together you get hex "21" which is decimal 33. The "44" byte is what we call the OEM code.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
. The sub-device code is a combination of the 1st nibble and the 3rd nibble (ie, the 2 and the 1 in "2B 1F 44 1A". If you put them together you get hex "21" which is decimal 33. The "44" byte is what we call the OEM code.
Thanks Rob, I don't know why I can't remember that, Laughing . Rolling Eyes That is just the information I was looking for.

Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Protocol Decodes All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: