JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Insignia NS-ES6113/NSES (for RCRP05B remote)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed)
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rkgarg20

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 12:49 pm    Post subject: Insignia NS-ES6113/NSES (for RCRP05B remote) Reply with quote

I need the setup code and advanced code for Insignia NS-ES6113 audio device. I have RCA remote control rcrp05b. If someone can send me RM file , that is fine too.
Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

template please
rkgarg20

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 10:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, Here it is

1. Device: Insignia NS-ES6113 Micro system with iPod cradle - radio / CD / MP3
2. Type of device: Audio device with ipod cradle and MP3/Radio in built
3. Year: around 2-3 years old
4. JP1/UEI Remote model: RCRP05B
5. Do you have a JP1 cable? Yes
6. Still have original remote? No
7. Checked the file section? Yes
8. Checked Pronto file section (at R/C)? Yes
9. Partially working setup code? Yes AUDIO/0176
10. Learning remote question? N/A
11. Have you tried the JP1 Lookup Tool? Yes, but did not find any.

Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Jun 01, 2011 11:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Audio/0176 is NEC1 device 122 and it's usually a Yamaha audio code, and Yamaha audio devices usually use a mix of device 122, 124 and 126. I would recommend trying one of the Yamaha audio upgrades

Which buttons work using Audio/0176, and which functions from the original remote are still missing?

Here's the list of buttons on the original remote, as per the user manual:

eject
source
power
U-Pro wide stereo
menu
mute
skip- / tune-
skip+ / tune+
OK
preset+
preset-
vol+
vol-
play/pause/memory
display
mode
stop
backlight

mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 7:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's in the harmony database. So you could borrow one of those and learn. Or pretend you have a slingbox, and Alan will do it Wink I'd do it myself if I were anywhere near my remotes.
rkgarg20

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

First of all thanks to Rob and mdavej for your quick response. Is it possible to retrieve EFC code from the remote. Actually what is happening that I am trying different code of Yamaha and some code performs some function and other code perform other functions. Like 1176 will give play, pause and volume increase but it will not power on/off. other code will give power on/off, other code will code other functions. So is it possible to check the EFC code for volume, play, pause when i use setup code 1176. So I can collect all EFC code and then assign them.

Thanks
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you were to compile a list that shows which buttons from which setup codes do something (even if they do something different than they should), we can compile it back into a single upgrade.
rkgarg20

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Rob,
Please suggest how can I do that. I did check the forum but did not find any way.
Thanks

sorry to pm you.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jun 02, 2011 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

List the setup code, the button you pressed and the function it performed. Example:

Audio 0716
Vol+ = Vol+
Play = Play
OK = Display

Audio 1176
Power = Power
Up Arrow = Skip+
alanrichey
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here you go: http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9684

Al
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alan. What's interesting is that the data in Alan's file uses NEC1 dev 2, which is different to the Audio/0176 setup code, so it sounds like the device responds to more than 1 codeset. Therefore, even if the device responds to the upgrade that Alan created, I would still like to know which buttons from Audio/0176 get a response from the device.
rkgarg20

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 10:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Alan. I appreciate your help in preparing and uploading the file. i could upload the code to the remote. I noticed one thing. I uploaded the code via IR but for some reason not all code got uploaded. Although all the functions were assigned in keymap but using JP1 cable it did not upload all the code. However I could assign the function using EFC code from your file. I noticed the same before also where I was uploading the code for BLU ray remote and it did not upload one of the code. is that normal or I missed any step or so.
Another question, when I use 0176 setup code then I could see one more function which is not there in original remote. That function is ( shuffle/repeat). with 0176 I could increase the volume with stop button and decrease the volume with Vol- button. How can I get the EFC code for (shuffle/Repeat) button whose setup code is 0176.

Thanks again to everyone for your time and help.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are two issues here.
1) Apparently the IR file did not load correctly. Please post the IR file that you are trying to load, and we'll try to figure out the problem.

2) We need a list of the RCRP05B buttons which caused a function to be performed on the Insignia. For example, Stop button causes Vol Up using 0176.
You've told us that the RCRP05B can cause a shuffle/repeat function, but didn't tell us which button caused it. We need the button name in order to tell you which EFC was sent.

Quote:
0176 I could increase the volume with stop button

The RCRP05B sends EFC 00057 on Audio 0176 when the Stop button is pressed. That corresponds to OBC 9, and Alan Richey's rmdu file also lists OBC 9 for Vol+. However, we still have some confusion about the device number(s). Your IR file will help us figure this out.

We'll get this working.
rkgarg20

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I will upload the ir file later. The Fast Fwd button ( >>) with audio code 0176 was doing shuffle/repeat function. Also please note that this shuffle/repeat icon was visible on ipod only.

Thanks
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the RCRP05B using Audio 0176, Fast Foward is 00052. You can see a generic list of EFCs for a given Setup code using the Lookup Tool linked at the top of this page. It lists both 00183 and 00052 as possibilities, but I have a RCRP05B, and learning/decoding the signal shows that it sends 00052
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> Code Search (Closed) All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: