JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas 1056 OCAP remote and the OnDemand key?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenough1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:19 am    Post subject: Atlas 1056 OCAP remote and the OnDemand key? Reply with quote

Hi,
I ran into something odd with this key I'm still working on. Should the OnDemand key be programmable like any other key on this remote?

I'm running the Atlas 1056 OCAP extender v2.04 (I know it's old-ish). I have two device upgrades loaded, a panasonic DVD and panasonic plasma TV. My IRFile is here:
Atlas IR File

The TV upgrade has a function defined on the OnDemand key, OBC= 239. I've verified this OBC by capturing the original remote command. The DVD upgrade has "Netflix" defined on this key and it behaves just as the TV upgrade does with respect to this key.

Two signals are sent by pressing the OnDemand key, captured with IRScope:

Panasonic 128.0, OBC=25 (translates to key 0)
Panasonic 128.0, OBC=16 (translates to key 1)

Look HERE for the RM upgrade.

I can't find where this macro is created. Is it built in to the remote? How to override it? Or probably already a well-known issue?

Thanks,
jeff
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never seen this and my OCAP has upgrades with keys put onto the OnDemand key.

I didn't download and look at your IR file so I can't comment directly on your remote but I do know that the extender treats that key like any other key in the list of keys.

On the unextended and "from the cable company" they generally have a macro defined on that key, but that shouldn't matter for this case since you are running the extender. (and even if it wasn't activated, if it's loaded there is only one Advance code in the unextended advance code area, the keymove to activate the extender)
greenough1

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks unclemiltie,
The extender is activated when that key's misbehaving. My expectation was just what you wrote, so that's why I was surprised that I couldn't get control of that key. Somehow the cable company settings are getting through.

Best,
jeff
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I open your IR file I see a macro on the OnDemand button that does indeed send 0 and 1. Just delete it and upload.
greenough1

PostPosted: Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

DOH! Thanks, I feel like a total dope!
Best,
jeff
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: