JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Adding phantom keys URC-6131_ext1

View previous topic :: View next topic  
JohnParks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:11 pm    Post subject: Adding phantom keys URC-6131_ext1 Reply with quote

I is there any reason I couldn't edit the above RDF file and add P5 to P8 ($41 to $44) and shift_P5 to shift_P8 ($C1 to $C4)? Any down side to this? Are there other key code ranges that might be more sutiable?
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 1:18 pm    Post subject: Re: Adding phantom keys URC-6131_ext1 Reply with quote

JohnParks wrote:
I is there any reason I couldn't edit the above RDF file and add P5 to P8 ($41 to $44) and shift_P5 to shift_P8 ($C1 to $C4)? Any down side to this? Are there other key code ranges that might be more sutiable?
It does not look like it would cause a problem as long as you are above The other phantoms and below $5F
JohnParks

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Niles. I ended up with P5 - P8 ($45-$48) and ($C5-$C8) for the shifted code. This left a hole in x_shifted code, but didn't plan on using it. If this looks OK I will edit the RDF file.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Feb 05, 2004 4:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnParks wrote:
Thanks Niles. I ended up with P5 - P8 ($45-$48) and ($C5-C8) for the shifted code. This left a hole in x_shifted code, but didn't plan on using it. If this looks OK I will edit the RDF file.
You can always undo the RDF if it gives you a problem anyway so go for it.

And yes, you are correct, it will overlap the xshifted buttons. It looks like $3A, $3B, and $3C would be safe since they are not in use.
bagreig

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 9:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am starting to implement http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/message/28309 where
D/P1 - Descrete Off
D/P2 - Descrete On
D/P3 - Descrete Toggle
P4 - "All Off" macro
The example uses D/L4 - Non-tracking toggle and other posts have given examples using D/P5. Does this mean that the 6131 Extender can be modified to include P5 - P8? If so, how could I get such that can utalize the D/P5 - Non-tracking toggle senario?
JohnParks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi bagreig. I modified the RDF file (PVR0PVx1(URC-6131 Extender1).rdf) because I was running out of Phamtom keys. I could have use a physical key, but then there is alwasys the chance that some one will press that key and cause problems. I also could have use a phantom device and its phantom keys, which I still might. If you would like to have a look at this file, let me know and I will post it in the Diagnosis Area.
Nils_Ekberg
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 12:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JohnParks wrote:
Hi bagreig. I modified the RDF file (PVR0PVx1(URC-6131 Extender1).rdf) because I was running out of Phamtom keys. I could have use a physical key, but then there is alwasys the chance that some one will press that key and cause problems. I also could have use a phantom device and its phantom keys, which I still might. If you would like to have a look at this file, let me know and I will post it in the Diagnosis Area.
John, you do have an alternative for phantom keys that are only to be used in macro's. You could just use the shifted version of real buttons for the assignments and use them in the macros. Phantoms and shifted buttons cost the same in keymove memory so it is a fair tradeoff.

The good part about using shifted keys is you can also use they from the buttons by shifting then pressing the button with the shifted assignment on them
JohnParks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 1:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nils, your point is wll taken. I just thought that 6 month down the road I'd be tring to figure out why I did that. More llikely though is that I will up-date the RDF's and forget to make the modifications.

If forgot to mention to bagreig that I too am adopting the aformentioned file(28309) to my urc-6131. I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do about the fact that it takes at lest 25 seconds before my tv will start acepting ir signals.
bagreig

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

John Parks

If you would post it, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Al Greig
JohnParks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bagreig wrote:
John Parks

If you would post it, it would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Al Greig

I posted this file as [url=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/PVR0PVx1(URC-6131Extender1).txt]PVR0PVx1(URC-6131 Extender1).txt[/url]. If you compare this file with its unmodified version, the mod is obvious and straight farward. One thing that might not be obvious is why I deleted the XShifted codes for Vol-, CH+,CH-, and Mute. If you want to use Shifted phantom keys ('Shifed' check box in ir key move section) then 80hex will be added to the un-shifed code. Since I wasn't going to use this part of the code table anyway and they were contigous... The fact is I got tired of looking for unused lower and shifted codes that weren't being use and opted for the next best solution.

Last edited by JohnParks on Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
JohnParks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 5:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could someone fix the above. I can't get it to work.
gjarboni
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The spaces in the URL (between x1 and (URC and between 6131 and Extender) threw things off. This works:

[url=http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/files/Diagnosis%20Area/PVR0PVx1%20(URC-6131%20Extender1).txt]PVR0PVx1(URC-6131 Extender1).txt[/url]
JohnParks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 06, 2004 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks gjarboni... must be going blind.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: