JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Atlas 3000 & 3033 JP1.3 extender
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13

View previous topic :: View next topic  
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 12:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have never been able to duplicate the issue

Can you describe a situation where the backlight toggle is messed up that is repeatable?
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2011 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bill,
1. There was an old thread which shows few things, but I found no followup
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=12601&highlight=atlas+backlight
2. My Atlas used to turn on the backlight whenever I pressed any old button, but I think it stopped doing it till I pressed (LKP) the Set button. On the General tab I have LongPress = BL toggle. Some other key is used to deactivate the extender here.

How about, for starters, you describe how you expect it to work, ' cause at this point I'm not sure.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2011 12:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Atlas backlit remote has a toggle bit stored in a register (R65) internally that tells the remote if it should turn on the backlight on every key press.

There are two ways from the extender to control this flag in the register

The first is in the general tab that allows you to define what a "long press" of setup will do. On this, a long press of setup will turn the toggle on or off.

The second is to define a keymove to do the same thing, which will set the toggle on or off. There is a protocol upgrade that is the toggle for the backlight flag. (Mike England did this protocol and it can set, clear or toggle the backlight enable and can optionally flash the LED when it's done its thing. These are determined by the first byte of data in the keymove that executes this protocol)

The remote, internally (the unextended remote) looks at that flag on every keypress and makes a decision if it should light the backlight. The extender really doesn't do anything to this and has no control of the logic that turns on the backlight other than to set this toggle.

If the backlightis getting wacked, something is clearing bit 0 of that register (R65) somewhere in the remote. I only touch it in the extender on a long press of setup or if the toggle protocol is loaded and run. (That protocol is $1F8)
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

new version posted, see base topic
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Aug 08, 2011 11:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bump: updated to version 2.13, see link in base topic
greenough1

PostPosted: Tue Dec 27, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi unclemiltie,
Maybe you can help unconfuse me. yes i'm a bit out of date on the atlas extender (v2.04), currently v2.13. What are the real differences between the atlas rdf's with the same signature, 3A333A33 for example? It's up to the user to choose the correct rdf yes?
What are the possible issues with using the wrong rdf, say the 1055 versus the 1056, with the same signature?

Also, in RM-IR, how does one change the rdf that's being used? Do you have to do a download/upload cycle and make the correct choice when prompted by the software?

Best,
jeff
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The RDF has a version in it as does the extender. IR and RMIR are supposed to load the right version of the extender based on the version. So if you have multiple versions of the RDF in the RDF directory, the tools should dload the right version of the RDF for the extender version that is stored in the IR file.

I'd have to go back and look at what happened between 2.04 and 2.13, but occasionally I have moved key values around between versions so that could cause issues.
greenough1

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi unclemiltie,
No need to check to see what changed between 2.04 and 2.13.

I guess the right answer is to move up to the latest extender version.
I'll post in the RM-IR thread about how to explicitly select the right rdf, if that issue persists once upgraded to the latest extender version.
Happy new year,
jeff
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

like I said, RM and IR are set to select the right version. If you note, there is a line in the RDF that has "Fixed Data" one of which defines the fixed data at $7FE in the extender. The extender holds the version number in two bytes at $7FE.

When IR finds more than two RDFs with the same name, it will try to match up some other things, one of which is the Fixed Data.

So, if you have multiple versions of the same RDF in the RDF directory the tools will select the right one to match the extender version that you have.

-bill
greenough1

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick comment to keep others from tripping on this. I set up a new 3033 JP1.3 extender for the living room. my CBL device key was acting strangely. On each device key I have default macros that set the keysets, then executes a special function that's a LKP using a phantom key. the LKP on the short side is just device selection and on the long side it executes a macro to setup for watching CBL.

The issue was that I'd press the CBL key, long or short, and the last device key I'd pressed would light up., but not the CBL key. In debugging it I simplified it by deleting the longsides and just had short side device selection and it still did this.

The issue was for the CBL default macro I did not define the O_* (other) keyset set. Once I added O_CBL to the default macro everything worked. So it seems that you have to define all of the keysets for things to work right (O_*, T_*, P_*, V_*, C_*, M_*).

Best,
jeff
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Jun 09, 2012 5:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The key set that defines when the device key lights up is the O_keyset.

I guess I should check to see if that is in the docs!
greenough1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 10, 2012 6:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, and it wasn't just that the CBL key wouldn't light, the macros would not fire on the long side. i had X_AUD;1;X_CBL on the longside of CBL keypress, which switches the receiver to input 1, then sets up the remote for CBL. without O_CBL defined, no signals were sent by the remote. I verified this using an IR receiver that echos when it receives a signal and nothing was sent.

Best,
jeff
sriram

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2012 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What's the easiest way to update versions? I've just been rebuilding the whole thing, but as I have a lot of macros / special protocols, it takes a long time.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 2:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Depends on a lot of things, probably the biggest is what version you are coming from and what version you are going to.

Often you can just replace the extender "code" block that starts just after the key move that loads the extender and runs to $7FF (like from $726 to $7FF)

This is all of the extender code and differences in versions are really just changing this.

however, some of the extenders also moved some stuff around where the special protocols live, which is in the $800 block. And if those addresses changed, then that block would have to be replaced AND the entries in the protocol table of where to go would have to be fixed as well.. At that point, rebuilding is probably the right thing to do.

(and don't ask for a cross-tab of which version can just replace code and which can't. I don't keep that kind of info!)
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13
Page 13 of 13

Jump to: