JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

I out of memory, can I get a little help?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
jon_armstrong
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Robert,

You certainly CAN do the rest. Make sure you have the latest version of IR and a copy of John's DecodeIR.dll installed in your windows\system directory. Once you have done that, IR will decode those commands as NEC or NEC1 device 193, subdevice 68 and give you the OBC and EFC that will vary by command. Take the OBC and put that in the functions tab adjacent to the proper key.

If the existing labels don't describe the command you can enter your own label, but you must then go to the buttons tab and select what physical key that command is assigned to in a pull down box.

I did look at the rest of your learned commands and I think you may be pressing the button on the OEM remote slightly before you press the button to be taught on the 7800. Make sure teat the 7800's LED is flashing frantically before you press the button on the OEM remote.

This is causing the beginning portion of the command to be lost in a few cases and may be causing some of your problems. The learned commands from the Creative Lab's remote all looked good to me however.

Once you finish the Creative Labs device, you probably wan't to eliminate the remainder of the learned commands:

CD_1L is Cable _0160 EFC 242
CD_2L is Cable _0160 EFC 034
CD_TV/VCR is Cable _0160 EFC 242 (same as CD_1L)
TV_2L looks like TV_0047 EFC 109 (does that work? and what does it do?)
CBL/SAT_4L is TV_0047 EFC 187
DVD_4L is DVD_0503 EFC 212 (Skip Forward)
VCR_2L is a bunch of Null repeats from a NEC command but no data (does that work?)
VCR_3L is VCR_0104 EFC 245
VCR_4L is VCR_0104 EFC 251
RCV_2L is Aud_0121 EFC 161
RCV_1L is Aud_0121 EFC 159

You can do these in IR with key moves and then erase the learned commands.

Last edited by jon_armstrong on Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
rbivins

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon and John,

Here is the new file.
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/jp1/Diagnosis%20Area/URC%20-%207800%20%2B%20SBLive%20%2B%20WinDVD%2003.txt

--Robert
rbivins

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jon,

Thanks. I'm horribly out of practice, but I will give it a go. That particular learned funcion you are talking about that seems cut off, I've tried to correct several times on both remotes (if you remember me, I'm the guy with two of these). It shows up the same every time. *shrug*

It's always worked OK, so I haven't bothered with it.

I'll let you know of my progress.

--Robert
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Oct 04, 2003 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just FYI, those long Yahoo URLs that you keep posting don't work, I've been editing them to the correct URLs.

To get a working URL, cut and paste the URL for the folder and then append the name of the file.
rbivins

PostPosted: Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Long Yahoo URLs...got it.

No progress, I've now got to change the head gaskets on my car. So, don't expect an immediate response. Sorry.

--Robert
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: