JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

URC-8820 Extender LKP Question
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
greenrl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for bearing with me. Great advice from both of you. I see I have a lot of work to do and learning too.

I do have a flow diagram so at least I know what I want to do, it just is not as plain to you. I ran into the 12 step limit on one of the macros or SP Functions, I don't remember which one, so I had to break it up leading to some of the spaghetti you see.

I am working up to building the LKP for the PVR that has no discrete ON/OFF so that is where I am headed. Both the TV and Dish have discretes available. But hey that's no challenge is it?

Confusion will come I am sure.

Richard
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally missed that before. Jim is right. You don't need any toadtogs if all your devices have discrete on/off commands. So just call the discrete on/off keymoves directly and delete your toadtogs.
greenrl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I am working up to building the LKP for the PVR that has no discrete ON/OFF so that is where I am headed.

If I am to learn, I should be able to do the ToadTog with any device. But you are right, mdavej, I can do that. So, maybe I should just direct my attention to the PVR.
greenrl

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, I almost forgot. I need the Pause if the TV is not on because I cannot select the proper input source until it boots up. Thus the remote needs to know if the TV is on or not. If it is on it can just zip by and set the input. Unless I am mistaken, only the ToadTog can do that.
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 8:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In that case, every on command needs to force on toadtog 1, and every off needs to force off toadtog 1. The pause needs to be test only and run if the toadtog is off. So you were close except you are missing the force off, and you used bit 2 instead of 1 in your test.
greenrl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can the power on command and the Toadtog ForceOn be done in one step with the power on command in the Off->On half and the Already On <blank>?
mdavej
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you call the toadtog, it does the ForceOn immediately, then runs the Off->On or Already On macros, so it's already done in one step. You're still missing X_TV at the beginning. And you don't have any macros that ForceOff your toadtog bit. And make sure your test toadtog is using bit 1, not bit 2.
greenrl

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep. I am doing the other stuff too. Actually I am completely revamping the file so the one posted is not much good anymore. Thanks for the extra info!
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: