JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help me start Atlas OCAP 1056 sig 3a33 extender 2.10
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
friendlyfire

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 6:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
I am having one problem worth mentioning,
One of the devices is the Hauppauge 45 button remote using protocol RC-5.
This is not working well. It is very sluggish. It could be that the Atlas is sending the codes too fast and most are getting lost. Macro performance and response of other devices is really good.
All codes on that protocol less OBC<62
suggestions?
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RC-5 is a pain Sad
Not sure what you mean by sluggish.
If the issue is that the codes go out too fast, assuming that the codes work from the keyboard, try small pauses to get delay between IR signals by switching device few times between the signals.
if that fails, code Pause protocol on some phantom button in Special Protocols and insert small pauses
Example how used in DSM, but can be in any old macro:
Quote:
TV Phantom6 Pause 0.5secs $05 $EA
TV Phantom7 Pause 1secs $0A $62
TV Phantom9 DSM X_TV;SHIFT-0;Phantom7;1;2;[*]/Shift;Phantom6;1

If that fails, you'll need experts to see your learned codes and then tweak the protocol you use.

Take a look in the extender readme file, at the end is Trouble shooting - go down a bit to "timing issues". This section applies to most extenders so is worth reading.
dolivas27

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 11:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unclemiltie wrote:
Note: Extender 2.11 for the Atlas remotes is "imminent" and Chris and I have been coordinating on a release with the RDF for this version in his distribution and NOT in the Atlas extender release. This fixes a bug in FAV processing.

You may want to wait a couple of days before you install the extender in order to get the most recent. If you can't wait send me a PM with your email and I'll mail you an early copy. Liz has it and has been testing it for a couple of weeks now and it seems good.

Hi unclemiltie any update on the 2.11 release? I have a few remotes to do for my parents and would like to ise the latest version.

Thanks,
dolivas
friendlyfire

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

just to clarify, I wasn't referring to a macro. The keyboard functions are unreliable on this device. I'll try learning the codes onto the Atlas and compare the protocols, etc.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

friendlyfire,
Since you're saying that even from the keyboard you have problems, learning makes sense. Just post back your file with learned signals.

There are several upgrade files for Hauppauge 45 that might help you
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php
also there's one in Diagnosis with RC-5 in name.
ElizabethD
Advanced Member

PostPosted: Wed Jan 12, 2011 9:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dolivas27 wrote:
unclemiltie wrote:
Note: Extender 2.11 for the Atlas remotes is "imminent" and Chris and I have been coordinating on a release with the RDF for this version in his distribution and NOT in the Atlas extender release. This fixes a bug in FAV processing.

You may want to wait a couple of days before you install the extender in order to get the most recent. If you can't wait send me a PM with your email and I'll mail you an early copy. Liz has it and has been testing it for a couple of weeks now and it seems good.

Hi unclemiltie any update on the 2.11 release? I have a few remotes to do for my parents and would like to ise the latest version.

Thanks,
dolivas

If you do not need the FAV macros to run, 2.10 is perfectly adequate. You can always update to 2.11 when Bill puts out an official version.

When I played with it, before my cable broke, 2.11 worked well.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Extenders All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: