JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Suddenly, my macro doesn't work...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Suddenly, my macro doesn't work... Reply with quote

Hi,

I put a macro inot the URC 39930RJ0-04 (Dreambox) remote like this:

Audio: TV;Remote;Dream. And it worked as intended:

Select TV mode, turn TV ON, change mode to Dream (to enable control of Dreambox instead of TV)

And it would of course also turn the TV off if the TV already was on.

But when testing later this afternoon, it was dead. Made no difference if I selected TV or Dream mode first.

But downloading from the remote I find the codes still in place in the macro. Well, I'll test it again. Maybe it is better to put the macro into the TV button instead, but then I won't be able to select TV mode.

Tested again: Pushing TV first, then Audio, I find that the macro has been executed because the remote has been switched to Dream mode. But the Power function (TV on) has not worked. Do I need a delay, how can I create that?
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sat Dec 25, 2010 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if it REALLY WORKED as intended originally and its STILL there when you download it, I'd check the batteries first, and if this did not correct things, post your files here so that you can have some more eyes on your code to see if we can spot the reason

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems I had not tested it on the Dream remote, only on a 7950 remote. After checking what ir-files I had saved, it appears that what happened was that I tested it on the 7950 and when I found that it worked, I then created the same macro on the Dream remote but most likely did not test it right away because the TV was occupied. But now I realize I don't even have to test it with the TV; I should see the Power button light up if it worked.

I tried inserting a VOl+ and a VOl- command between TV and Power but that didn't solve the problem. I'll experiment some more and if I can't find a solution I will upload my ir file.

Update:

I found that it is possible to make macros with setup code 995. I did that, and now it works! Looking at the code using ir, I found the sequence:

TV; TV; Power; Power; Dream. Looks like the trick is duplicate codes.

Later:

Ideally I'd want to use the TV button to perform this function. Is there any risk that I may cause any 'damage' that cannot be 'repaired' if I try that?

Then I could assign the TV code to the Audio button to act as a spare TV mode selector in case I sometimes should need to operate the tv instead of the sat tuner.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dreamzapper wrote:

I tried inserting a VOl+ and a VOl- command between TV and Power but that didn't solve the problem. I'll experiment some more and if I can't find a solution I will upload my ir file.

Update:

I found that it is possible to make macros with setup code 995. I did that, and now it works! Looking at the code using ir, I found the sequence:

TV; TV; Power; Power; Dream. Looks like the trick is duplicate codes.

Yes I remember the dreambox remote is kind of an oddball. I thought it needed a pause between every key when creating a macro in IR.exe, but apparently doubling the commands works. I was actually surprised that inserting the volume commands in between didn't do something.

Quote:

Later:

Ideally I'd want to use the TV button to perform this function. Is there any risk that I may cause any 'damage' that cannot be 'repaired' if I try that?

Then I could assign the TV code to the Audio button to act as a spare TV mode selector in case I sometimes should need to operate the tv instead of the sat tuner.

I'm not sure what kind of damage you are asking about. If you think the remote is going to go haywire, then I *THINK* reuploading the working IR image should fix it.

What kind of damage were you anticipating?

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
Dreamzapper

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your reply is what I expected but with my limited experience I just wanted to make certain that I did not inadvertently mess up anything coded in the device that could not be fixed by uploading the last functioning setup.
binky123
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The URC-39930 does have the odd delay factor in its macro format. If you want the smallest delay, you can use the SHIFT key which has a keycode value of 01.

TV; SHIFT;POWER; SHIFT;DREAM.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: