JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

ir generates the error when loading from the remote
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum
View previous topic :: View next topic  
tpaxadpom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 1:31 am    Post subject: ir generates the error when loading from the remote Reply with quote

I created an upgrade file for my RS15-100 but not all buttons seem to work with my Onkyo 805 receiver. I manually learned those commands but when I try to download from remote I get the following error:
"The learned DataBurst appears to be malformed. Learned data parsing stopped at $DFE.
Use the Advanced->Clean Upper Memory option to clean the unused device/protocol/learned memory areas and relearn the signal."
If I delete the learned keys it doesn't help. If I upload my upgrade file to the remote and download from remote it works. I've tried to use Clean Upper Memory option but it doesn't help. Please advice.
tpaxadpom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

one more observation. I've set the global volume to AUD (my ONKYO 805) though when I am in AUX mode the remote control adjusts the volume on my HD OTA receiver (Samsung DTB-H260F). I never had this problem with my 8910.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

can we see your IR file?
tpaxadpom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman,

I will upload it when I get home.

Thanks.
tpaxadpom

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,

I uploaded the file here http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9255

Thanks.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Thu Dec 16, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure just what you've tried, so this may seem a little like preaching to the choir, but.....
IR.exe is telling you that some of the learns are bad--sufficiently so that it doesn't know what to do with them.

It is instructing you to Clean Upper memory: deleting the learns isn't sufficient, becsuse it doesn't know where the learns stopped in memory.
The you need to re-learn the signals. Just reloading the IR file won't help.

You can use the decodes for all but one of the signals that have been decoded, so you probably don't need to relearn those. But basically IR is telling you to start over. Then, once you have all the learned signals decoded, you can go ahead and make an upgrade.
tpaxadpom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 2:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I learn either one of the three keys I can no longer download from the remote.
Another problem is with volume lock not working when activating AUX mode. That's why I uploaded IR.exe file.
I discovered one more problem today with Nfusion HD upgrade assigned to sat/cbl mode. When I click "power" button remote resets.
tpaxadpom

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I managed to fix the problem with Onkyo upgrade. The Onkyo Master upgrade had a problem with second byte on keys 1 and 6. It should be 2 for key 1 and 1 for key 6. For the power button it should be set to 2.
Also the problem with NfusionHD upgrade went away once I flash my remote over once again. It no longer resets when I press power button in sat/cbl mode.
I still have the problem with Samsung Hd over the air tuner. Once I load the special protocol with upgrade I loose the ability to have volume locked to AUD when I'm in AUX mode.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

By "special protocol" do you mean the 01FF protocol executor? We could look for where the trouble is, but I think it would be better and easier to change to a standard protocol executor.

That upgrade and protocol executor sends Samsung36 IR protocol, device 32.0 with E=1. That's typical of Samsung Cable boxes. It's easy to convert, because the EFCs (but not the OBCs) are the same for both the Manual Settings and Samsung36. But the advantage is that the 01B5 Samsung36 protocol executor is standard, and won't conflict with any other 01FF executors that you may need to add.

Also, the 15-100 has a built-in executor for the Onkyo. It is called the NEC 4 DEV combo, but is the more modern executor. Using it would save some bytes because a protocol upgrade isn't required.
cauer29

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

tpaxadpom wrote:
Ok I managed to fix the problem with Onkyo upgrade. The Onkyo Master upgrade had a problem with second byte on keys 1 and 6. It should be 2 for key 1 and 1 for key 6. For the power button it should be set to 2.
Also the problem with NfusionHD upgrade went away once I flash my remote over once again. It no longer resets when I press power button in sat/cbl mode.
I still have the problem with Samsung Hd over the air tuner. Once I load the special protocol with upgrade I loose the ability to have volume locked to AUD when I'm in AUX mode.

FWIW I have the same Samsung OTA STB with the same 15-100 remote and I use the 01 B5 protocol suggested by 3FG. Volume punch-thru works fine. The only issue I have is that unless I'm very deliberate about limiting the duration of a keypress, I get unwanted repeats. Most keys don't matter, but I don't want the number keys to repeat, else it's hard to just enter a "2" without over-running and going to channel 22 instead. I don't remember if the original remote had the same problem.

BTW, unless you're uncommonly lucky, the caps in the pwr supply of the STB will go bad. They're not particularly difficult to replace if you're handy with a soldering iron.

A.A.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 18, 2010 12:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cauer29 wrote:
BTW, unless you're uncommonly lucky, the caps in the pwr supply of the STB will go bad. They're not particularly difficult to replace if you're handy with a soldering iron.

I assume you're talking about the Samsung DTB-H260F, so i did a search and found the info needed to repair it (or maybe some preventative maintenance):
http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7804
tpaxadpom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot guys.
I switched my Onkyo upgrade to NEC 4 DEV combo per 3FG recommendations and erased not needed protocol upgrade.
My Samsung OTA receiver never had any problems (knock on the wood) though I'm going to read the linked thread. I never opened it is very possible that caps are leaking. I've been using the upgrade file posted by Rob a while ago with the required 01FF protocol upgrade. This protocol upgrade causing problems with volume lock. I just tried switching to Samsung36 with Device code set to 32, Sub device set to 0 and E set to 1. But I still have the same problem with volume lock. Also A.A. was right about the duration of keypresses. It's definately very sensitive, comparing to the Manual protocol or the original remote.
I've uploaded 2 IR files with 01FF and 01B5 protocol upgrades.
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9272
http://www.hifi-remote.com/forums/dload.php?action=file&file_id=9273
It would be really nice if someone could take a look at them.
Another option I have is manually learn all buttons from Samsung HD but I don't want to have missing left arrow and exit keys.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have a CBL/SAT code assigned to the AUX button, whereas I think the default mode for AUX is audio. VPT won't work in under a device button that is not using the default device mode.

You have two options:
1) Reprogram your Samsung LC upgrade using AUDIO mode.
2) Reprogram the volume buttons in AUX mode using learning or keymoves.
cauer29

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
cauer29 wrote:

I assume you're talking about the Samsung DTB-H260F, so i did a search and found the info needed to repair it (or maybe some preventative maintenance):
http://www.badcaps.net/forum/showthread.php?t=7804

Yes, that's the one. I ended up harvesting some caps from a PC supply built in an era before they started cheaping out on capacitors. I used those to replace the obvious ones on the Samsung STB and it came back to life.

A.A.
tpaxadpom

PostPosted: Sun Dec 19, 2010 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rob. Option 1 worked. Initially I've tried changing mode in IR when I was adding a device, but it doesn't do anything. This time I changed the mode to Amp in KM9.18 and it worked like a charm. BTW I kept 01FF protocol for Samsung OTA tuner as it doesn't have keypress problem like 01B5.
Next step is to create an upgrade file for my TV and I will be done without manual key learns.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - General Forum All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: