JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

RemoteMaster/RMIR v2.00 is now available (with Mac support!)
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 7:23 am    Post subject: RemoteMaster/RMIR v2.00 is now available (with Mac support!) Reply with quote

I've built and released RemoteMaster/RMIR v2.00

RemoteMaster (RM) is the device upgrade editor we're all familiar with, and is the Java equivalent or KM.
RMIR is the new Java equivalent of IR with RM fully integrated.

Please visit the RM and RMIR Wiki for information about how to use RMIR.

Changes for v2.00

• Preview 1 and 2

• Fix very minor issue with Fav/Scan, an overlooked difference between Macros and Fav/Scan. (Graham)
    • Split off a new class, MacroDefinitionBox, from MacroDialog to allow its re-use with Timed Macros. (Graham)
    • Restore double-click to edit table cells (Greg)
    • Typing when not in edit mode will start edit mode and replace cell contents (Greg)
    • Create new interface, ButtonEnabler, and use it to improve logical separation between MacroDefinitionBox and MacroDialog. (Graham)
    • Fix Setup.vbs for Windows users who don't run as Admin, Updated Readme.html (Greg)
    • Implement Timed Macros (Graham)

• Preview 3

• Implement File/New (Graham)
    • Implement File/Open of Sling Learned Signal XML files (Greg)
    • Add toolbar button to open RDF for viewing or live editing (Graham)
    • Fix Fujitsu protocol (Greg)
    • Append " (untested)" to notes for Sling Learned Signals when appropriate (Greg)
    • RMIR: allow multicell selection in most tables, and Copy item in popup menu to copy to the clipboard (Greg)
    • Add display of Signature, Processor, Interface and Extender Version to Raw Data tab (Graham)
    • Implement the ExtenderVersionAddr and RDFVersionAddr parameters of the RDF [General] section (Graham).
    • Change the toolbar icon for File/Open (Graham).
    • Added Bound Key to Learned Signal edit dialog, and enabled OK/Cancel button (Greg)
    • Removed New button and context menu item from Learned Signal tab (Greg)
    • Fixed Clone button and content menu item on Learned Signal tab (Greg)
    • Enable column reordering in most tables (Greg)
    • Always open RMIR, launch RM as separate window when opening RMDU files (Greg)
    • Add edit context menu to protocol parameters (Greg)
    • Add edit context menu to General Notes on General tab (Greg)
    • Remember the folder in which files are opened regardless of type (Greg)
    • Add an "All supported files" type to the file open dialog, and use it as the default (Greg)
    • Add transient, user controlled ignore field to learned signal decodes (Greg)

• Preview 4

• Implement Setup Code Validation (Graham)
    • Resolve an issue with Device Upgrade Editor that caused, among other things, the OK and Cancel buttons to have the same effect (Graham)
    • Implement Code Selector (Graham)
    • Create user-friendly interface for Pause Special Protocol, implementing the PauseParams entry in RDF [General] section (Graham)
    • Commented out the entry in protocols.ini for "Panasonic Combo (flawed)", as it contains no code entries (Graham)
    • Corrected a bug present since v1.99preview3, an oversight caused by the introduction of Device Button Notes that caused Save As, when following a download, to give empty .rmir file (Graham)
    • Disable Save action after a download (Graham)
    • Allow execution to continue when base address in .ir file and RDF differ, as the .ir file is probably a raw download (Graham)
    • Add display of protocol ID, variant and name to Devices tab (Graham)
    • Add link to Wiki in About > Help (Greg)
    • Load IR file: maintain correct notes when invalid, empty device upgrade discarded (Greg)
    • Launch RM directly from RM icon (Run Setup.vbs to create/update the shortcuts)
    • Add .rmdu as well as .rmir files to RMIR's recent file list
    • Improve identification of raw protocols by checking variance of OEM and Parm device parameters from default values (Graham)

• Preview 5

• Correct bug in reading of device upgrade button maps which caused spurious buttons to be treated as mapped (Graham)
    • Correct bug that would cause error with pids > $01FF (Graham)
    • When changing device button assignment from a device upgrade with key moves, ask if user wants to retain the key moves (Graham)
    • Show key moves of device upgrades on key move tab, as grayed out and not editable (Graham)
    • Added facility to import and edit protocols from ProtocolBuilder (Graham)
    • Tentative fix for Setup.vbs on 64-bit Windows 7 (Greg)
    • Disable context menu items for device upgrade keymoves shown on the keymove panel (Greg)

• Preview 6

• Enable export as a .ir file (Graham)
    • Enable Open RDF toolbar button after a download (Graham)
    • Change bar color of Progress Bars to aquamarine, for greater contrast with blue text (Graham)
    • Avoid null pointer exception in Code Selector when a device type has no built-in setup codes (Graham)
    • Scroll notes of General Panel to top upon opening (Graham)
    • If new device upgrade is not assigned to a device button, open dialog giving user an opportunity to do so (Graham)
    • Prevented manual protocols from undergoing translation when updating buffer (Graham)
    • Add support for using device upgrade functions in the keymove editor (Greg)
    • Fix KM file filtering in Device Upgrade Editor open file dialog (Greg)
    • Fix key code keymove support (Greg)

• Preview 7

• Add Detach button and context menu item to Key Moves tab, to detach keymoves what are associated to device upgrades. Supports multiple selection (Greg)
    • Add installed upgrade selector to keymove editor, for upgrades that aren't assigned to a device button (Greg)
    • Add * after PID in Device tab to indicate a protocol upgrade will be installed with the device upgrade. (Greg)
    • Fixes for EFC5 handling of single-byte functions (Graham/Greg)
    • Fix bug to allow entry of Hex data in Key Move Dialog (Graham)
    • When decoding an E2image, don't associate keymoves to a device upgrade when the key is in the button map. (Greg)

• Preview 8

• Check EEPROM size against RDF when importing .ir file (Graham)
    • Use Fixed Data as a matching criterion when downloading or importing a .ir file (Graham)
    • Ask whether to replace fixed data when there is a mismatch with RDF (Graham)
    • Fix bug that made an empty RDF [FixedData] section cause an exception (Graham)
    • Treat tab character as white space when parsing hex string (Graham)
    • Prevent NullPointerException if a manual protocol has no code for the processor concerned (Graham)
    • Recognise processor type S3F8 in heading of imported manual protocol (Graham)
    • Set PID from heading when importing manual protocol (Graham)
    • Update device parameter label when parameter name is edited (Graham)
    • Save unassigned manual protocols, ie those shown on Protocols tab, in .rmir file (Graham)
    • Edit a Manual Protocol by double clicking any of PID, Variant or Protocol columns of Devices tab (Graham)
    • Fix bug in handling of entries in RDF [DeviceTypes] section when a DevTypeNum value is given with no high byte (Graham)
    • Fix bug that prevented keymoves being updated in buffer when a new device upgrade was assigned to a device button in answer to the prompt (Graham)
    • Fix bug with raw data of keymoves when AdvCodeFormat=EFC (Graham)
    • Prevent multiple fixed data prompts and prevent any appearing when opening a remote with New (Graham)
    • Make deleting a manual protocol from the Protocols tab delete it also from ProtocolManager (Graham)
    • Prevent special function key moves being interpreted as EFCs when AdvCodeFormat=EFC (Graham)
    • Enable conversion between old and new S3C80 codes in both directions and ensure it occurs only when necessary (Graham)
    • In Manual Settings dialog, trim string before testing for "End" token, as trailing spaces were causing NumberFormatException (Graham)
    • Correct the maximum value of the Duration spinner for LDKP Special Protocol, changing it from 255 to 15 (Graham)
    • When importing a .ir file with protocol upgrades not used by device upgrades, add them to ProtocolManager as manual protocols (Graham)
    • Make ProtocolManager.findNearestProtocol check against Old Names as a final search (Graham)
    • Initial support for custom executors for known protocols, when parsing E2 image (Greg)
    • Add editable display of raw signal to Learned Signals Dialog and provide New facility (Graham)
    • Correct various matters to do with restrictions on allowed button bindings (Graham)
    • Correct bug that prevented attempts at raw download failing with a null pointer exception (Graham)
    • Handle remotes with a signature of fewer than 8 characters (Graham)
    • Handle special case of data format in remotes with empty upgrade section (Graham)
    • Circumvent a bug in jp1parallel.dll concerning uninitialized variables (Graham)
    • Key Moves tab: show attached key moves using background color (light gray, dark gray when selected) (Greg)
    • Raw Data tab: Show modified bytes in bold only (no more red) (Greg)
    • Devices tab: Adjust column widths (Greg)
    • Handle multiple protocol upgrades with same pid, which occurs even though the remote can only access the first one (Graham)
    • Because of the possibility of repeated pids, add name column to Protocols tab (Graham)
    • If deleting a device upgrade would delete corresponding protocol upgrade, ask for confirmation (Graham)
    • If changing the protocol of a device upgrade would delete a protocol upgrade, add that upgrade to Protocols tab (Graham)
    • Prevent change of pid when editing protocol upgrade but not when cloning it (Graham)
    • Fix bug in opening .ir file that has device combiner as a protocol upgrade (Graham)
    • When downloading or opening a file, clear ProtocolManager of custom code and added protocols specific to previous configuration (Graham)
    • When migrating key moves, avoid basing function names on keymove notes as notes such as names of other keys can cause errors (Graham)
    • Add an Edit Protocol button to the Devices tab (Graham)
    • Enable all protocols to be edited, adding/editing/removing custom code as required (Graham)
    • When editing a device upgrade, recognize and use any protocol present that will be treated by the remote as custom code (Graham)
    • Handle the case of device upgrades where the protocol is missing, treating it as a form of custom code but marked with '-' rather than '*' (Graham)
    • Correct two places in protocols.ini where "VariantName" had a space between the two words (Graham)
    • Update JP1 USB library to v0.03 (Greg)
    • Correct bug causing Code Selector to malfunction after a change of remote (Graham)
    • Correct handling of derived protocols when loaded from a .rmir file (Graham)
    • Handle an issue with device types that can be caused by a malformed [DeviceTypes] section in RDF (Graham)

• After preview 8

• Amendment in DeviceUpgrade to allow 4-device imports from KM (3FG)
    • Addition of YamahaStyleImporter as new translator class (3FG)
    • Addition of NEC 4DEV Yamaha Combo to protocols.ini (3FG)
    • Update latest DecodeIR v2.41, including Mac OS/X support (alpha)
    • Update to jp12serial interface v0.18, including Mac OS/X support (alpha)

Available downloads are:

Links:
The RemoteMaster project home page, now accepting donations.
RemoteMaster.v2.00.zip
RemoteMaster.v2.00.exe - See note below.
RM/RMIR Wiki
Change Log (also included in the downloadable files)
Readme.html (also included in the downloadable files)
Tutorial (also included in the downloadable files)

Notes:
The #1 Code Search FAQ and it's answer (PLEASE READ FIRST)

Last edited by gfb107 on Mon Mar 07, 2011 8:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well done Greg, Graham and Chris, I know it was a lot of hard work to make 2.00 a reality, so congrats on making it real.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 10:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great job you guys. Is 3FG's name Chris? I thought he was Dave and have been calling him that for quite a while , although I think at one time I asked him if he was a guy or gal, so I probably knew his name was Chris at one time. Embarassed Laughing My apologies. Laughing

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

For the record, I'm Dave. However, my contribution was insignificant compared to the two Gs.
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

xnappo is Chris
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool

I go away for a while and when I return I find that I can now use this stuff on my Mac without starting up parallels.

Well, at least the day to day tools, I still have to run my extender development environment on Windows.

Can RMIR install an extender on Mac? The Extinstall program is pretty much straight C code so it could be added if you guys want. I have the latest source since I'm the last one to touch that one. (and I think I uploaded it)
gfb107
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RMIR does not yet have ExtInstall support.

I'd like to point out that Rob has suggested that extender writers update the extender RDFs to include the extender code, thus eliminating the need for ExtInstall.

If that isn't going to happen, I'd like to see ExtInstall ported to Java, rather than add another binary executable that must be compiled on every supported platform. ExtInstall as currently written uses MFC, which is Windows-only, so porting to Java might not be much more work than porting to Linux or Mac OSX.

I did some work on this, discussed here.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Extinstall is a command line program only and is written in pretty much straight C. It's a relic, but it works. The last time it was modified was to support preservation of notes, translation of advance codes to the new format and support of the JP1.2/3 remotes that don't start at $00. (this was about 4 years ago)

I've been an advocate of putting the extender code into the RDF somehow and would be happy to port over all of the JP1.3 extenders to hold them in the RDF. But in the end, the "function" of extinstall to merge this into the right places and to set the priority of what gets put where still has to get done.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3fg wrote:
For the record, I'm Dave. However, my contribution was insignificant compared to the two Gs.

Well your name was an missing by an oversight and I'm not losing it after all. Laughing Yes the 2 G's have worked their tails off getting this ported, but you're contribution is appreciated too.

gfb107 wrote:

I'd like to point out that Rob has suggested that extender writers update the extender RDFs to include the extender code, thus eliminating the need for ExtInstall.

That isn't going to eliminate the need for extinstall. Extinstall merges and moves the code around. Including the code in the RDF might be used to insure you have the correct RDF, I'm not exactly sure what the purpose of that would be, other than to insure the extender writers fully understand RDF specs. An empty IR file with an extender works pretty well as a starting point, but its a PITA if you already have a complicated setup that you are porting. Extinstall is a miracle when it comes to simplifiying extender development, but extender development can be done in IR.

Tip: When creating an upgrade, always include ALL functions from the oem remote, even if you never plan on assigning them to a button. Complete function lists makes an upgrade more helpful to others.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

gfb107 wrote:

should have gone and read that thread given that I was pretty active in it. That was a while ago though.
unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vickyg2003 wrote:

That isn't going to eliminate the need for extinstall. Extinstall merges and moves the code around. Including the code in the RDF might be used to insure you have the correct RDF, I'm not exactly sure what the purpose of that would be, other than to insure the extender writers fully understand RDF specs. An empty IR file with an extender works pretty well as a starting point, but its a PITA if you already have a complicated setup that you are porting. Extinstall is a miracle when it comes to simplifiying extender development, but extender development can be done in IR.

The functions of Extinstall will need to be there, but I think that if we were just distributing extenders as extender RDF's with everything self-contained (I'm backing off my external file piece from last year now) that would be way cool.

The ability to do a new->extended remote from with in IR or RMIR would far outweigh any extra work that the developers (i.e. me) would have to do on extender development. And the contents of the RDF could be a simple copy and paste from the HEX file that is generated by the assembler I'd be happy.

Oh, someone is going to have to think about revising either the Samsung assembler or the HS08 assembler to make them spit out something that can be used for this. The Samsung assembler spits out the HEX files that extinstall reads so that's a start. but I know that Vicky has had to do some hand rearranging of the HS08 output to make it work for Extinstall.
vickyg2003
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I did go back and read the thread, and its all about doing a file new for an extender. There is no way that a file->new is a replacement for extinstall. Extinstall uses 2 rdfs, (1 when you are reinstalling) and then moves the sections around. it replaces the the special protocols, and it moves the existing keymoves and macros, and inserts the HT selections.

Do you really want the HT selections hard coded in the RDF?

unclemiltie
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that it would be complicated to have all of this in RM and RMIR, but it would be way cool if we could do it.

There is the "New->remote" feature that I think we should strive for. I don't know how many times I've seen people ask why this doesn't work on this board. (this is the case for both extended and non-extended remotes)

Then there is the "change my remote from x to y " that the tools allow. With the extender data in the RDF, we clearly could do this. But that is complicated. Youd have to read everything that was in the existing remote (upgrades, keymoves, macros, etc) translate them to the new remote (and possibly tell people that they need to remap keys on their upgrades) and then lay down the new remote. This is a lot of what extinstall does right now, with the exception of doing the upgrades. I guess that could be a start.

But if we ended up in a way that the only thing that you had to distribute to publish an extender was an RDF, map and image that would be way cool.
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

3FG wrote:

Sorry for the omission Dave, I didn't know that you worked on RM too.
3FG
Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 5:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob,
No need to apologize; all I did was modify the NEC importer to work with the Yamaha executor you wrote, and so in the long list of features now included in RMIR, my name showed up. It happened to be at the bottom and Vicky noticed it, got worried that she might have my name wrong, and now we've spent way more time on this than we should have......
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Software All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: