JP1 Remotes Forum Index JP1 Remotes

FAQFAQ SearchSearch 7 days of topics7 Days MemberlistMemberlist UsergroupsUsergroups RegisterRegister
ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Is it possible to program the device buttons on 8820

View previous topic :: View next topic  
heliosxx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 1:56 pm    Post subject: Is it possible to program the device buttons on 8820 Reply with quote

Hi, I just built a JP1.2 serial cable for my 8820, coming from a 9910. I want to make a simple move to the device keys like I had on my 9910. Specifically to add the discrete video inputs for my tv for the devices. I've got the codes, and I've got them to work by doing a move in IR to the power button, but they don't seem to do anything when I map them to the "CBL" or "DVD" buttons. Is it even possible? Is there something I'm not doing?
Much appreciated.
heliosxx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:10 pm    Post subject: ok, found out about long key press macros Reply with quote

ok, found out about long key press macros, though still wondering if they can be programmed otherwise?
greenough1

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure about that remote, but for the 8810, you have to use the extender to more than device selection on a device button.

Best,
jeff
The Robman
Site Owner

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 2:43 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to program the device buttons on 8820 Reply with quote

heliosxx wrote:
I want to make a simple move to the device keys like I had on my 9910. Specifically to add the discrete video inputs for my tv for the devices.

I assume by "move" you mean "keymove". Were you using an extender with your URC-9910? I ask because I don't believe you can program keymoves to the device buttons on the URC-9910 without an extender.

And the same is probably true for the URC-8820.
heliosxx

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 8:38 pm    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to program the device buttons on 8820 Reply with quote

The Robman wrote:
heliosxx wrote:
I want to make a simple move to the device keys like I had on my 9910. Specifically to add the discrete video inputs for my tv for the devices.

I assume by "move" you mean "keymove". Were you using an extender with your URC-9910? I ask because I don't believe you can program keymoves to the device buttons on the URC-9910 without an extender.

Nope, no extender. Just did a move of device dvd, button dvd, to device tv button EFC 243.
cauer29

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 1:52 am    Post subject: Re: Is it possible to program the device buttons on 8820 Reply with quote

heliosxx wrote:
The Robman wrote:
heliosxx wrote:

Nope, no extender. Just did a move of device dvd, button dvd, to device tv button EFC 243.

I don't know anything about the 8820, but I can verify that the 8910 (9910-RF) absolutely allows keymoves on device buttons. Via JP1 cable anyway. I don't know if it can be done directly on the remote, but I kinda doubt it.

A.A.
MaskedMan
Tivo Expert

PostPosted: Wed Nov 24, 2010 3:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can't map EFC's directly to device keys on the 8820, you can map it to another key, perhaps a shifted key, then setup macro on the device key consisting of that single command. Of course it will be press and hold macro. All able to be done directly on the remote itself.
Post new topic   Reply to topic       JP1 Remotes Forum Index -> JP1 - Beginners All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: